An Open Letter to Myself

W

Watamote

Hello,

Of course, you already know the contents of this letter, because the words are coming from you. However, no matter how hard you try you can't seem to express them so they stay locked away. You always tried so hard not to stand out that you forgot to fit in, so you became closed off and distant. That's NOT ok. I know all of your deepest fears and desires and the pain that not expressing them is causing you. You try so hard to keep people away, but in reality, you just want someone close to you. You tell people that you just want to be left alone, however being alone scares you more than anything else in this world. You want someone to share your life with, but the fear of interaction keeps you from ever taking a leap. So there you sit, wallowing in a sea of doubt, anxious, worrying over a time in your life that is joyous for normal people. You don't know your worth so you perceive that you have none, you're so self-conscious that you've taken refuge from the world in an effort to not be hurt when in the end you've done more irreversible damage to yourself than the world ever could. I know how much you want help, how much you want to change, but I'm also acutely aware of just how impossible that is for you. I would leave you with words of wisdom or encouragement, but I have none.

Sincerely,

C

Coolname

Hello,

You try so hard to keep people away, but in reality, you just want someone close to you. You tell people that you just want to be left alone, however being alone scares you more than anything else in this world. You want someone to share your life with, but the fear of interaction keeps you from ever taking a leap.
You are not alone, I feel so much like that, especially as I get older.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
daffy Social Anxiety Forum 18
Kirstie1806 Social Anxiety Forum 13