• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

An odd one...

thebubbles22

thebubbles22

Hi Everyone,

Well, this is a bit kind of strange, and from what my mental health professionals have told me over the many years, this is not common...

Does anybody have a phobia of a celebrity/famous person?

I find it extremely difficult. I can't say his name, I can't look at him, hear him, see his name, or anything remotely related to him, even if someone in the non celebrity world has the same first name or surname. I even get panic attacks when I see his initials on something ridiculous like a car number plate.

It doesn't help that I also get hallucinations of this person, it's like I can never ever escape him, and I'm not quite sure how I can deal with it any longer, as it's been over 7 years that this has been a problem for me.

Love and Hugs

Bubbles
x x x

E

edgeoftheworld

All phobias are essentially the same. Therefore I see nothing odd with this one. Name any object on the planet and someone somewhere probably has a phobia of it.
Your celebrity is just a trigger to the same emotional and physical responses. How are you being treated for it?

Have you tried exposure/graduation? (i.e. starting with something small like the initials and working up a video of the celebrity)