• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

an introduction with a question

J

jimmy

Hi ive been seeing a mental health team for nearly a year now and im still undiagnosed, the main worry is its getting worse not better...im wondering if anyione here has ideas as to whats wrong or for help.
im on 400mg quitiapine daily.
symptoms are the following (very basicly put):

voices when alone or when very high or very low (in manic terms not drug wise) voice is usually that of an old friend from a violent patch a while ago it is not a threatening one.

visions - from slight corner of eyes movment to people walking around room although the latter is much rarer

daily paranoia -usually thinking im being followed...maybe once every month or 2 i think groups are after me, goverment and so on (i relize how ridiculous this is when im normal)

if i go to "up" or "manicy" with or without my meds i loose all memory of what i do, and it usually turns out to be somthing bad - this is my main concern at the moment

every day at some point i will have a massive urge to walk very fast usually resulting in pacing.

i used to have self harm issues but i am keeping that in control right now.

on two occasions ive "fitted" i renember niether of them, but from what im told i would go very "up" then shake on the floor for 10 - 15 mins

im becoming very tempermental...moods are changing much quicker recentley, usually much angryer moods if not that there are oppisite, vunrable

ah yes, i dont wish to state the obvios and im sure there are people in far worse situations but this has all combined recently to damage my physical and mental state, and just seems like its begining to rob me of my life, ill keep fighting it though, i was doing pretty good a year or 2 back.

any ideas on what to do?, im seeing phycotherapist and councellor, theyve suggested a brain scan thing but thats not for 6 months or so, meantime just stick to meds, i wouldnt mind but it dosent seem like a lets see how it goes thing atm, lol

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hi Jimmy, welcome to the forum:welcome:

We are not Doctors here (just patients like you), and if your Doctor is keeping his options open and not diagnosing you yet, then what chance do you think we'd have? :)

How long have you been taking the Quetiapine?

Sorry to hear that you not feeling good. Keep posting here and have a look round.

J

jimmy

lol i gathered that.... just seeing if anyone had simlar symptoms an so on.....mental health is a new issue to me. ive been taking the Quetiapine for about 5 months now i think, i only asked as it has been so long with no real knollege and no real improvment if anything ive gotten worse (better in some areas - self harm for instance) just whole thing is a real worry as ive pretty much had to try and withdrawmyself from next to all friends baring a few so i dont continue to do some of the things that ive been doing - from violence to embarresment - my main worry being the no memory on some of them, the other major concern being parinoid moments, ive disappeared for days to escape goverment lol, any coping suggestions for anything ive mentioned here are welcome from anyone whos experinced anything simlar? im not expecting diagnoses lol just support and feedback.

B

Blondie

Just wanted to welcome and I hope people can help you on here xx

BORTU

BORTU

Hi Jimmy,

Im new on here and just saying hello to a few folks. Sorry to hear of your problems, makes my depression a small thing, but glad to see you are positive. I hope you get some answers soon.