• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

An idea of what thought broadcasting could be. (maybe relief)

J

jonnyc55

Suffered with TB for 7+ years. It's stubborn. (skip to the bottom bold, underline if you are in a hurry)

I just came off a phone call from a person. I thought I was mind reading and almost vice versa but. I thought maybe it is the case I am right what I'm thinking of a person and they the same of what I could be thinking. Remember this bold part as it is the most triggering for TB sufferers.

So, rather than TB'ers reading minds correctly and detecting the other person's mind who you are in a conversation accurately. What about, instead, the person talking to us, is triggering emotions in us, by how they sound, delay between words etc. What if it is triggering memories of how this correlates to certain traits in our memory, like how a sudden nice smell of flowers brings you back to childhood.

For the bold part: Say a person working in a pharmacy under a head pharmacist. If the normal pharmacist is bullied by the head pharmacist, they get conscious of that when people from the public are around. Now say if you rang that pharmacy up, and the normal pharmacist is on the phone to you, if she sounds belittled, you are not thought entwined, you know from personal experience the cause for that. Now you may think she can detect your detection of her misfortune. But instead, because she has seen you in the pharmacy of her being bullied, and her voice sounding defeated, she is conscious of you KNOWING/THINKING about the correlation between voice and personal experience of being in the pharmacy. With that in her head, she'll change to a voice of slight concealment. To a TB sufferer, this is proof of thought broadcasting. But it is not. You correlate her shaky voice to a memory of her being bullied before your eyes. The shaky voice triggers this correlation in you. And because she is conscious of you correlating the voice and your memory, she changes the tone of her voice. She is conscious of what she is coming across as, you too. But she changes that for her own sake, and you could mistake this as her changing it due to what is in your head, as if she is in your head.
She and you are both conscious of how she is coming across, she triggers memories in you as the conversation progresses. This isn't in your head, this is what she is triggering IN YOU. To make it worse for a TB'er, she may change to a tone suiting to how she should change, in a way, your mind would agree to change to, as well. But the TB'er forgets, she is the one triggering the emotions. She is the one conscious of how she is coming across as.

The thing is, generally humans and human culture share the same ideas of how to come across as or all agree on where to head in certain situations, this could correlate as mind reading in a TB'er.

Conclusion

As dialog emerges in a conversation. Memories are triggered in you, like smells do to you. These memories triggered in you are unique to you. But it may just trigger general behaviours and ideas not so much unique to you. Which you feel others could easily read. Well they could from a body language stance. But don't forget, they triggered it in YOU, that's their crime, not yours. So the guilt is on them. They'll change tact based on this either a unique way, blind to you (maybe) or a general way, recognisable to you. But fear not, in these cases they are just as conscious of what they said and just as aware as you on where to head past that point.

IN SHORT:
They trigger thoughts in you, you didn't read their mind. They're conscious of what they just said to you, and MAY change against what they said in a way similar to how you would address yourself in that situation. They didn't read your mind.

This has just occurred to me all this. It sounds probable. Less of a headache I hope. It could seem this way. I hope. I think fear of being mind read delays you so much that you miss these subtle cues. I put this down to my conspiracy theories of aliens mind reading or demons mind reading back in 2014-15. The drugs made the aliens feel more real in my mind, in sensations, again another delay factor in these subtle cues in conversation as I imagine the aliens.

J

jonnyc55

Adding to the In short conclusion in my above post, a flip side. They may not change behaviour to what they did or said, in a way you would of done with was said and done, in this case, I would historically try to broadcast to make them stop (to no avail, to a headache or eyestrain).

Those coincidences of them stopping or changing to your style is them sharing a similar trait in you to change in accordance to that situation.

Given we are all human with dopamine receptors and roughly same brain structure and being brought up in the same culture, expect this rough coincidence at times.
Hopefully you'll remember this as good ole, familiar behaviours and not every person will sport this.

Where you may think, ok stop now, some may in fact coincide with that behaviour of yours to a given stimulus, others may go on AND ON. I used to think this was defiance by aliens, but maybe, it really is just, all in my head and they can't hear me.

So yeah, a behaviour by a person can share with you for a given stimulus or react with what they just said out loud, in a way similar to you. OR NOT. And yes, they trigger in you thoughts with each word or action from their mouth, that is on them. Not you.