• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

An experience with a 'Mental Health Professional'.

Q

quality factor

My last stay in a mental hospital proved to be quite a contrast as far as the 'Mental Health Professionals' were concerned.
A situation which I clearly recall was when I tried to commit suicide in the ladies loo. I don't know how long I been in the loo but eventually, I was bombarded by a load of flapping nurses and a tough support worker, berating me for what I had attempted to do. There was very little empathy or indeed support from the staff involved. I was made to feel like a 'naughty schoolgirl'.
The staff nurse who was in charge of the ward that day, glared at me and wouldn't engage in conversation with me for a few days. The day after 'the episode', there was a trip for patients to the local zoo (heavily guarded) as my 'punishment' I was not allowed to go but had to sit in the day room by myself for most of the day. It seems that I had spoilt their smooth running day, by the sudden need for form filling, doctors meetings and everything else involved with attempted suicide.
There was very little talking to me, understanding, just a silence which was meant to give the message that in their view I had done something wrong.

Do you have any experiences which gives mental health professionals a bad name and mental health a bad experience??

QF.

iffybob

iffybob

Get your own back

I dont care much for most of the MH staff I've met, I only usualy get to see them once or twice, and not cos I have a large patio.....:p

I was just reading and whilst doing that, I thought it would funny if all the 'in-mates' just ignored the staff, I give it an hour before the staff flipped and became hysterical..... this thought pleases me...........:evil:

Sorry to deviate , I is board........ boB.....:flowers:

Q

quality factor

I dont care much for most of the MH staff I've met, I only usualy get to see them once or twice, and not cos I have a large patio.....:p

I was just reading and whilst doing that, I thought it would funny if all the 'in-mates' just ignored the staff, I give it an hour before the staff flipped and became hysterical..... this thought pleases me...........:evil:

Sorry to deviate , I is board........ boB.....:flowers:

Only got a small one then boB??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

QF