• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Amphtamines (Meth, Dexedrine, ADD Meds, etc..) and Voice Hearing

H

Holofreq

Hi all,
My name is Holofreq and I'm a voice hearer.

I'm just curious if any of you were using amphetamines or ADD meds like Adderall or Ritalin before you started hearing voices. I know this
has been a common catalyst to voice hearing for many, myself included.
I think that a study should be done based on these parallels.

Holofreq

T

terri

Hello Holofreq

Lovely to meet you.

No, just a tanker full of red wine (metaphorically speaking - in moderation, actually) and if that's caused me to hear voices, then it was worth it because I must be forever sanctified!! Only ever had one joint and that was back in the 60's.

Boring aren't I? But I smoked for England for ten years.

All the best, Terri

T

terri

sorry to be so tongue in cheek. I kow it's a serious issue,

Terri

C

calfellows

Holo,
These drugs/chemicals store themselves in body fat. Might
be a good idea to go on a raw veg diet for at least a year to
try and cleanse. Might help to put you back in the cockpit, turn
off the auto-pilot.
Cal

R

redponii

I was a meth user for about eight years; the last two I hit it pretty hard. But I was hearing voices before that, and passed off any voices and the occasional visual hallucination during as drug induced. It didn't seem to make the voices more prevalent, but I had visual hallucinations for the first time those last two years. I don't know if that gives you any more info.

D

democritus

Thinks

How is one to think if

Well, what do you think?

Thinks, me buy
Thinks, don't be stupid
Thinks, don't be such a stupid piglet piggywiggy
Thinks, don't be such a bore and do something else with your money
Thinks, do not invest in such crap as chemical induced brain altering medical terminology tablets or chemically induced anti psychotis such as Doctor Hoffers ect
Thinks, maybe I just do natural
Thinks right back to 63 yes I will do nothing but my own brains and no on tells me what to do about those grey matters or area which spin out of control every season because of some disease through me passed on by someones

Demo

So no tablets here or near which means no american speak

Akosua

Akosua

Hi all,
My name is Holofreq and I'm a voice hearer.

I'm just curious if any of you were using amphetamines or ADD meds like Adderall or Ritalin before you started hearing voices. I know this
has been a common catalyst to voice hearing for many, myself included.
I think that a study should be done based on these parallels.

Holofreq
Hi,

My old doctor thought I had severe ADHD and had me on 40mg of Ritalin 5 times a day (200mg a day). Seeing as 70mg a day is the max dose my new doctor was real mad when I told him what I was on and took me off the lot because he's says I'm not ADHD - he doesn't know what I am still though. My hallucinations were visual as well as auditory when I was on Ritalin so much worse and they were really crazy things you couldn't ever imagine. I just have auditory now but they are the worst for me - they are really nasty.

Akosua

Akosua

Oh and I was only hearing voices before the Ritalin, so it definitely made things much worse.