Amitriptyline block physical anxiety.

S

Shepster48

Hi
New here.
Ive taken amitriptyline 50mg for years and its helped control physical anxiety symptoms in my body.
I used to get palpitations and they stopped so its been doing its job. Side afffects are minimal (was dry month but ok now)
Im no expert but i was told it regulates something in your brain and tells your body all is fine so dont release whatever it is that causes anxiety to affect you physically.

Skip to the last few months and im getting very worrying symptoms for an illness and im wondering if some of these physical symptoms are actually being caused by anxiety and the amitriptyline isnt blocking it like it used to. Or if i am infact very ill from the disease.

I guess what im asking is can you still get physical anxiety effects in your body whilst on amitriptyline (50mg)?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I think anxiety can break through any medication. If you are worried get to a doc and get him to check you out. I know that amitryptilline can cause palpitations in some people.

S

Shepster48

Thanks for replying calypso.
Im glad you think so too. Amitriptyline actually stopped my palpatations and difficulty swallowing. My difficulty swallowing is back now which got me wondering if the meds are working. Im also in a state, forever crying, mood swings, depressed. All this was originally helped but now is back.
Ive definitely struggled with extreme anxiety (i dont want to bore you but im worried im getting als symptoms)
Now i seem to be getting new symptoms for als that i didnt have before and have noticed them once i knew they were a symptom such as twitches which i think can also happen with anxiety too.

Has anyone had twitches with anxiety?

I need to see my gp asap

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KeenOldCadaver Introduce Yourself 4