• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

ambien induced mania??

P

psychszsd

can I have Ambien induced mania?
I have been feeling really awake for the past 4 days. I am on some psych meds for depression/bipolar, but have never had an episode like this. I am wondering if being on ambien for about a year can have induced this. I kinda like being so up, but also feel tension in energy I can't release. Any thoughts are welcome!

Darkred

Darkred

I'm not to sure to the answer to your question, but I used to be addicted to Ambien and was on it for 2 years. It used to make me really hyper and 'manic'. I don't have Bipolar nor have I ever been manic but Ambien pretty much messed me up. It drastically changed my behavior and it was something I only fully realized when I stopped it all together. All I can say is that it can change your mood from personal experience.

megirl

megirl

I are'nt too sure is Ambien what it is used for as not i dont know what it is used for?
is it an anti-depressant?