• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Amazing gf suddenly wants a break as she is dealing with depression/stress

C

Casuallycool83

I am sorry as this will be long. We work at the same place and have both been separated/divorced from previous spouses for almost 2 years we always have fun with the back and forth and picking on each other really light and goofy. one day she started messaging me on fb and whoosh off to the races. it’s so natural/organic we just kept talking and talking for hours and then feelings came into play pretty quickly. We started deeper conversations about out pasts and baggage and she has had depression on and off I also have had bouts of depression but it was like we were made for each other after a couple months our kids met each other both sides feel in love started going to dinners and doing fun stuff we finally exchanged the I love yous talked about some future stuff ect. She works a lot and not a lot of days off in between no biggie. she has hers kids every other week I have mine every week for half the week. Our love kept growing and we have said things and had super deep conversations and then her parents came back into to help her with her kids and her mom is super manipulative and puts pressure on her, she has to move out her place, she works in the hot sun for hours a day and arguments with the ex I could see the stress mounting, and I tried my best to be her peace and calm which I was she told me as much she has a lot of Insecurities from the previous abusive relationship and was in her head alot sometimes and adding me into the mix and with the energy that it takes in a relationship I think too much finally piled up on her plate and she broke mentally and physically after a period of a week or so being distant she finally messaged me that just right now she can’t do this with me at the moment and needs to deal with her past demons and stuff resurfacing she has been journaling and stuff as she has been talking to a therapist on the phone she said she loves me and my kids and is afraid she is going to ruin the future if she doesn’t deal now I respect that it hurt bad but I understand… the problem is we work together and I see her daily only for a little bit as she is outside and in Inside I want to respect her and not suffocate her I want her to get well and I also want her to come back I asked her if she sees a future with us and our kids she said she does I just wanted to get this off my chest it’s very fresh and raw and now I’m riding waves of emotions and trying to keep it together I see flashes of the old her and she will reach out to talk we have talked on the phone as well I just don’t wanna mess things up with push/pull behaviors she has acknowledged she is mentally ill right now and has started meds I trying to message and let her come to me I figure as she gets out from under her mom and into her own place and as work dies down in hours hopefully she can find some calm and can collect herself I told her nothing changes for me I’m deeply in love with her and even if she needed this break I wasn’t going anywhere because she is worth the wait and that I would be at by her in the way she wanted/needed but I guess she wants to do this alone… if you took the time to read this thanks I just wanted to get it out of my head I haven’t been doing well the past couple of days

C

Casuallycool83

forgot to add that she said this has nothing to do with me and our relationship she feels super guilty that she has been distant and feels incredible guilt and that I’m wornderful and amazing and that none of this makes sense and that it’s twisted and sick and she wished that and apologized for not being fully ready