• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Am I?

L

Lilibuth12

I think i fit the profile for Bipolar. I have had what is categorized as 'Major Depression' before, i think. But recently i have been noticing what is appearing to be more and more like highs.
Its been really confusing. I have highs and lows that are really extreme. When i am high i feel i am the most amazing person in the world. gorgeous. I exercise daily, shower daily, look after myself, do excessive dieting (and stick to it), skip school and or lessons, talk back to teachers. Get hyper and cant concentrate for more that about 10 seconds on something, go really loud and speak really fast even though i don't notice it. People even point out i'm insane.
When im low i am frankly suicidal. I cut, i cry all the time, cant see the end. go really quite. don't talk, feel just depressed. Listen to sad music. cant break the cycle.
Then i have days that i am a mixture between the 2.
I want to go to the doctor and talk about it. I'm 15, live in the UK and don't think i can get an appointment unless i talked to my parents about it. and i don't want to do that until i'm sure. Plus i went to the doctors about 2 days ago about something :S. I'm doing my GCSE's this year so i really don't want to have to deal with this as well! any ideas would be useful!:unsure:

W

wanttobehappy

am I?

Dear Lillibuth12,

I have been diagnosed with bipolar for the past 5 yrs, and use to encounter severe mood swings, it is now controlled with meds, which for the most part work.

Judging from what you have said, i would say you are bipolar too, however i am no pychotherapist. Please speak to your parents and your gp again and see if he can refer you to a pychotherapist, who can talk to you about your thoughts, and feelings, and get you medicated.

Your only 15, it pain me to think you are going through this, I too believe i had bipolar all my life, i am now 45 years old. Get help early, there is plenty of help out there for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you want to chat.

C

chump

hi

Hi having only just recieved my diag of bipolar type 2 i feel you would be doing the right thing to get yourself checked out .
im 36 now and have known since i was 11 that something was not right.
I would act like a D*ck sometimes talking back to my teachers singing in class pissing off my good friends and doing allsorts of crazy stuff like going out for walks at 3am and thinking that i was invinsible and lived on a higher level to everyone else. To me nobody could keep up or understand things like i could .
When i was 12 i steped out in front of a car doing 55mph just to see if it would hurt ( it did ) and even then when i was flat out in the road with my leg wraped around my neck i thought to myself that was fun . to be honest not being diagnosed untill now has ruined my life but as your still young i would be wise to get your noggin looked at asap and hopefully you will be well and not be tempted to do crazy sh** like i did and ruin your life.
take care xx
ps dont jump in front of cars it sucks.

M

mad as a hatter

i 2 had the same problems when i was young taking the piss out my teachers and other things but i had major depression for yrs and it wasn,t till i was 29 i got a dignosios off bipolor as i had a manic episode and i feel it has ruined my life 2 i honestly wish i never started ne meds for my bipolor cause i think in a sense they have just made me worse i,d get ur self along 2 c ur gp tho c what they say

jax

jax

I also was diagnosed late with Bipolar 1 rapid/mixed. I was 35 and it was with a manic episode the dx came about. Before then I had many dx's. Including major depression, BPD, Psychosis and Schizophrenia. I was also dx'd Bipolar in one hospital but not told - years ago. I don't know if I have been Bipolar all my life - I do think a lot of the labels suited me at the time. Maybe it was Bipolar only in hidden forms. Who knows? I am glad I have a dx and I know I am truly Bipolar. Well, they may be changing my label to Schizo-affective - I will still be Bipolar only with some schizophrenic symptoms. It is definitely what I have.
Jacqui