• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am i too skinny?

I

Idontknow

Hi.I dont know if im too skinny or not.I do eat its just sometimes i feeel so crap about myself that i dont.People say im too skinny and someone asked me if i was ill.I used to get called fat at school so i lost alot of weight with dieting and stuffs.My ribs stick out but i have really big ribs anyhoos but i have to hide in the changing rooms now cos people act really shocked and like disgousted even though i dont look that skinny cos i have a big tummy but i just have big ribs too.Im 14 maybey about 5.3 and i weigh 6 and a half-7 stone.Helps :(

E

Ed19

Going on the Body Mass Index it says that you have a BMI of 17.39 which is underweight it needs to be more about 20. However it does not take into account age and during puberty it differs but i would say yes you are slightly underweight.

Dont worry about what people say about your weight. It is not everything if you do not have a supermodel body. Some of the kindest girls I know are ones who are on the larger size. As people used to say you were fat i can see why you lost the weight however you now need to put a bit back on to be a "healthy" weight.

HTH

Ed

S

swan

I have the same problem, people always ask me if i eat (which i do) my mum is always panicking that im too thin but i think thats just my body. As i get older my bones just seem to want to poke out more. shrug, if you're eating a reasonable amount of good food regularly then i dont think it matters what shape your body is or how it appears to others. Im sure they woudnt like to be scrutinised.