• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Am I too far gone to recover?

Is recovery even possible for me?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go crawl in a hole and die. You're screwed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

StaciY2021

Ive had OCD since I was a child. It has ruled my life and I don't know what to do anymore. When I was a kid it was simple. Dirty hands and germs. I honestly feel like those with Cleaning OCD are so lucky. Because I feel its impossible to recover from the kind I have. I have the Religious OCD. The OCD about things you can't see. Its scary as hell. Im a Christian. Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I believe Jesus is God's son and that God rose him from the dead. You see that? I had to write that (even though it's true) because my thoughts are telling if I don't that im denying God. How do I know if I've done something wrong? I can't ask God like I ask a person . So how do I know? I dont. Thats the problem. There is no reassurance. So how do you recover from a kind of OCD like that? Everything I do, including breathing or drinking a soda gets turned into a religious matter. If I drink, they tell me that I'm agreeing to doing something sinful. If I close my eyes to sleep at night I'm doing something wrong. I don't want to die. But I don't want to live like this either. I'm begining to give up and getting depressed. Im begging for help but no one seems to be able to. Im stuck and I'm afraid that I will be for the rest of my life. I'm so jealous. You people who don't suffer ever day from mental torment. Its not fair. I wish I was someone else. But I'm stuck as me. And no matter how many time I confront thoughts and ignore them they just come back 3xs stronger. And I feel like im just too far gone in OCD to ever make it back to a happy life. If you pray to Jesus, please pray for me. But yes, I am a born again Christian. Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I believe he is Gods son and that God rose him from the dead.

K

karl7

Welcome to the forums, are you seeing a [sychiatyrist.....they might be able to help you

S

StaciY2021

Welcome to the forums, are you seeing a [sychiatyrist.....they might be able to help you
I have no money or insurance. I can't afford a therapist. I live in the US.

GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon

We don't need to try to be perfect because we already are. We just forgot that. Seeing God in everything is called God consciousness. So you aren't doing anything wrong. Many people would be jealous of you.

S

Started 1976

Hi StaciY2021.Your problems are very similar to problems i've had since i was 16. I am now 60!
I too am a commited Christian.One of my numerous OCD Obsessions over the Decades has been God Consciousness or Religious Scrupulosity( I think that's the same thing )
First of all you CAN talk to Jesus like you talk to normal people:He's your best Friend.He will not punish you if your not perfect in the things you say to Him!He wants to help you not catch you out.
You say if you drink they tell me i'm agreeing to doing something sinful? Whose they, People advising you, or is it your OCD?
As for closing your eyes at night meaning your doing something wrong that really is OCD NONESENSE!
There is a Great book called Brain Lock:Free Yourself from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder by Jeffrey M Schwartz.Get it please, it explains the 4 Steps to beating OCD.
Take care.Try to slow down.I am Praying for you.