• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I the only one with Real Event OCD?

U

Usedtolovelife

I hurt someone 2 years ago, not physically but nonetheless hurt them. They have forgiven me but I cannot forgive myself. It has been determined that in addition to anxiety, depression and ptsd, I have real event ocd. I am going to begin treatment next week. I just wish I could hear one success story....thanks,

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. I don't have OCD but thought I would pop on to wish you well with treatment. What form will it take? I hope it helps you through a traumatic time.

S

sab1978

You are not the only one with real event OCD. I’ve had it and it still creeps up. I think a huge revelation for you is knowing that this is OCD and not reality. OCD will use your morals against you and convince you that you’re a monster. That’s OCD, not reality. At this point, you may be thinking “if only she knew what I did...she’d realize I WAS a monster.” Or you may be feeling the need to confess to people what you’ve done. Again, that’s all the OCD talking. It tries to trap you and get you to seek reassurance from other people, which further feeds the OCD. It’s all the OCD and none of it is reality. Please remember that ❤

L

Laudanum

Is that another word for guilt?