• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Am I the only one who did this?

G

George10111

When I was a kid, elementary, junior high, I had a very restless imagination. When bored I would pretend I am some different version of me and create a plot in my head and actually enjoyed that over tv, video games. I could create a story in my head and my imagination was more relevant to my interests then anything on tv or any games, and act it out without saying or doing anything, and it was like watching a tv series or movie in my mind. I create the characters, plot, results and every detail.

I also used to be really curious about a lot of things, so to figure out what it might be like to be this animal or person I would ‘pretend’ I was them and create a story and character based on what I saw. I used to do a lot of people watching and wonder what their life is like, their house, who their friends, religion, everything.

G

George10111

I’m sorry if I posted in the wrong category I wasn’t sure which one was best for this topoc

SomeSwedishGirl

SomeSwedishGirl

When I was a kid, elementary, junior high, I had a very restless imagination. When bored I would pretend I am some different version of me and create a plot in my head and actually enjoyed that over tv, video games. I could create a story in my head and my imagination was more relevant to my interests then anything on tv or any games, and act it out without saying or doing anything, and it was like watching a tv series or movie in my mind. I create the characters, plot, results and every detail.

I also used to be really curious about a lot of things, so to figure out what it might be like to be this animal or person I would ‘pretend’ I was them and create a story and character based on what I saw. I used to do a lot of people watching and wonder what their life is like, their house, who their friends, religion, everything.
Oh I still do that. I build homes in my mind, work as a journalist or attend Hogwarts. It’s such a nice escape for me.

N

Nukelavee

Still doing it.

One of my mindfulness/meditation tricks is to visualize building castles and stuff.