• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Am I the only one to write to someone I lose ?

kimidare

kimidare

Often I feel like nobody can understand me. And I don t want to be a burden to living people, by telling again that I don t feel well.

When I wonder with who I could talk I just think about my deceased friend. He killed himself years ago. I still feel a little guilty for not have been here for him when he needed it.
I want to see him, hug him, talk to him for real. It hurts inside. I miss him so much.

A

Anxietyhell

Many people feel they are a burden when it comes to mental /physical health.. But there are often people that are happy and willing to help and listen..We cannot be or feel responsible if someone does not tell us how they feel or reach out, how can we know always if they don't?.... There is always someone that loves and cares enough, don't feel a burden and don't beat yourself up re your friend.. Sometimes we just cannot help some people, but it's not our fault or theirs it just is as it is... Its hard to lose someone we cared about, maybe they are in a happier place... Of course it hurts, but he is no longer hurting and I am sure he would not want to think you were hurting because you felt you were not there for him...

Bod

Bod

I really am very sorry that your friend killed him self and I know that pain as I lost my best friend when I was 18, I had all the guilt to and it was very hard to work through and it took me a long time for it too. He understood me better than I understood my self. We have to keep talking about our feelings as others who can relate can then try and guild us through it.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I write to my dad who passed away of natural causes and to my cousin who lost her life to depression. xo 💗

S

SadRainbow

I'm very sorry you lost your friend. I lost a friend four years ago. I write her letters occasionally, to say the things I wish I could say to her.