• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Am i taking this the wrong way?

L

LostSpirit

When you've a good friend who messages a lot and they know you get down days and maybe I dont message as much as should on them days, anyway i told this person, i wasnt feeling great this morning, to which they replied what you up to today? I thought to myself, I'm not feeling well as it is and feeling down on top of that isnt it obvious I wont be doing much?, I didnt reply straight away, feel asleep and replied when I woke up, I replied with I told you I wasn't feeling good, they said,
ok message me when your going to be more normal??

More normal???

Am I wrong to feel upset by this ?? Or maybe it's me, because I've not messaged enough today.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Don't let this get you down we all go through this with friends at some point. Let's be more specific it sounds like this person needs to be more supportive in general.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Normal instead of feeling better was bad choice of words by your friend, but I dont think it was purposefully hurtful. They're responding so they obviously care. Id try to let it go.

Faith198

Faith198

I don’t think so, that sounds insulting to tell someone to reach out when they’re acting “more normal”. I would be upset by that too. Sometimes you’re just having a bad day and don’t feel like talking. They should respect that and shouldn’t have went about it that way.