• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I suffering? Advice please!

B

Beth199515

Okay hi all, I'm hoping for some advice. This is quite a long post so i hope you don't mind. Not really sure where to start. Erm, I'm nearly 20 and work full time.
So I've always been quite a worrier, u constantly worry about everything, my appearance, how I'm seen, my health etc. I wprry all the time about the way I do things, or that something will go wrong because of me. I've been nicknamed paranoia by a girl at work something I just shrug off. So anyway I also get panicky about little things, like after I use the bathroom at home I get panicky after I've left the room, no idea why but I feel like j have to go back in there, then I go out again and then get the Same worry feeling and need to go back into there, not to do anything but just be there, but annoying as the bathroom is upstairs. I have little routines as well that i have to do until I feel just right about something. All of this I used to think was just a normal thing to do. I worry about my health all of the time and I am sucker to looking things up on the nhs, and think I have a serious illness or I am going to die. Anyway lately I feel like I've been getting worse, I'm not worrying about anything in particular I'm just worrying in general, I have a sort of scared on edge feeling and it comes and goes, when it's there I can feel myself getting scared, get hot, feel as though my heart is racing and feel as though I am breathing heavier. After a few minutes it goes away. This comes and goes throughout the day and I try my best not to show it to others, it has not yet been noticed but my constant panic and second guessing situations has been at work. Aswell as that I've been getting headache and bowel and digestive problems lately accompanied by headaches, and thezr weird moments where I will be absolutely fine and then I will be overcome with tiredness or a daze where I go to do something and then just sit / stand there staring not doing what I intended to. Am I over thinking This or is this all a sign of generalised anxiety disorder or something else.
Advice please! Too scared to actually talk to someone incase they laugh😁

A

Alienated

Hi Beth... Welcome. Well with all the big things to worry about, where do you find the time to sweat about little things ? So what do you know about OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ?

Obsessing about little things like that, and ritual routines, perfectionism, and constant worry... Maybe you ought to talk to some people in the OCD forum, and see if their stories sound familiar to you.
http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/forum46.html

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hi Beth and welcome to the forum.
Nobody here is a professional, so we can't diagnose you with anything, but I did wonder if perhaps you may be showing signs that are like OCD.. though of course, sometimes a label is just a label.
It sounds like anxiety is really causing you problems.
I'm sure you might know that a lot of physical health issues can be caused by anxiety, so it's easy to get into a vicious circle!
Anyway, I think that because it's really starting to affect your life badly, you should make an appointment to see your GP and discuss what's going on for you.
They should be able to recommend a way forward for you.

B

Beth199515

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread.
I appreciate the advice, I am a bit worried about talking to professionals at the moment, but I will definitely look into what you have said about OCD :)

S

samster

Hey Beth,

First of all, I'm not a professional. I suffer from anxiety myself and from what I just read it seems similar to what I have. A few years ago I was worried too about going to a professional but I think it could be the right thing to do. You can only work about your problems if you know what's wrong and only a professional can diagnose you. Good luck! :)

- Sam

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi guys.

This is a old thread and chances are the user isn't about anymore.

Don't let that put you off, just wanted to let you both know :)

Marliee x