• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am i still Manic?

T

tony2010

Hi. I see the pdoc tommorow morning in Glasgow. I am 22 years old and was put on 15mg of Olanzapine for high/manic mood i believe at my last appointmen. I have been taking it for a month now. Although it has helped with my sleep, my thoughts still race at times a hundred miles an hour. Ideas about businesses and so on going round and round in my head and i can't concentrate properly. My speech also at times still feels fast and pressured and i still feel full of energy like i am ontop of the world and i am like like God and can do anything. I am going to tell the pdoc this tommorow. Am i still manic?Thank you for your time.

S

shell

From what your saying it does sound like you may be manic. I know I'm full of energy when I'm manic I start doing lots of exercise and feel great really happy. Right now I'm going through the depressive stage :( I want some of my mania back. I also want to go back to work but I have little motivation and energy the pills are knocking that out of me. Hope all goes well with the pdoc , Take care Shell :)

S

skyblue

Yep, as Shell's said, from what you've described it does sound as though you're still manic Tony.

I'm going through a rapid cycling episode. When I'm feeling high, I hear music, voices (although the voices are subsiding now), racing thoughts, energy, non-stop talking - jumping from one thing to another, (though I don't notice this myself, only others around me have said). I feel like I can battle against anything and I will ! Nothing is going to stop me from getting what I want.

Good luck with your PDoc.

Last edited: