• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I still in that normal phase? (Asking for some sort of opinion or consultation)

H

Hyglotzomer Pidgians

Am I still in that normal phase? (Asking for some sort of opinion or consultation)

Ever since I was about a couple of months old, I've had this set of about seven or eight thin white blankets with different patterns or things on them like lambs or stripes and such. Well, I'm a Junior in highschool now, and I still have almost every single one of those blankets in pretty okay condition, but I just need to know. I still sleep with them and I feel safe or comfortable when I have them with me when I go to sleep, so is that okay or do I have some sort of growing up problem I need to address? If I don't sleep with one of these blankets, I just kind of have a hard time falling alseep because I know it's missing and I just kind of lie awake wishing I had it. It feels like an obsession and I want to know if it's healthy or if I should stop for any reason.

Thanks, in advance and in case I don't get back soon enough.

And please, I'm sorry I sound so pathetic about this, as the perception is that girls my age are more grown up than this.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I wouldn't worry about it if they help you relax and sleep then that can only be a good thing.
KP

S

*Sapphire*

I agree with KP1 if it helps you sleep don't worry about it.
In fact I'd bet some of your friends have similar things from their childhood that helps them sleep like teddy bears etc. Even if they don't admit it!
I found when I went on school camp, how even the friends that appeared to be so mature brought such things with them. In my opinion it's nothing to worry about.

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
the fact that they relax you might be to d with sentimental value and positive connotations, i still have a cuddly white rabbit i was given when i was born and it helps me remember happy memories so i always try and keep it close :redface: