• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Am I really schizophrenic if I don't have delusions?

T

ToothPullOuch

It started many years ago at a "family help center" that diagnosed me with psychosis which I never expected.

My diagnosis from a psychiatrist is paranoid schizophrenia. Before that diagnosis I was approved for ssi disability listed as anxiety disorder. The main symptom of schizophrenia is delusions which I don't feel I really have.

I don't believe in strange or supernatural things like the illuminati or ghosts. Mostly science proves what things that can be tested are true through consistent results. The only "delusions" I think I really have are the following:

*People are mean-spirited. They want to see you humiliated. But it's more of a destructive attitude
*People from the past have come into my mind to bother me. But I know this is fear based spam
*People are always laughing at the way I present myself. But it's a strong feeling and is not likely
*Any kind of marketing or sales pitch is a lying piece of bs. But even that is just another attitude

Other than that I've had indescribable dreams that are more feeling that narrative. But I don't think I've had delusions. I like to think I have a grip on reality.

Z

Zoe1

sounds more like paranoid schizophrenia or schizotypal or something

Mothman

Mothman

I would think the listed "delusions" aren't particularly delusional, if anything are mostly just anxious. The bit about marketing especially is outright true as far as I'm concerned - marketing wants you to buy their product, end of the line, and nothing else matters along the way. Not EVERYONE is mean-spirited, but I tend to feel most people are as well. Take all this with a grain of salt because I am also diagnosed with schizophrenia.

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

i also suffer from delusions to, i mean really bad horrible delusions, its terrible and regid, im so scared and fascinated with my with experience my schizophrenic brain, im learning new things about about it every single day. I kind of enjoy it really. its a another world i never entered before its im enter my different view of my own mind, i take bit and pieces of my mind i seeing where it falls and where it fails. my brain i learn loves to play a game with me, i don't like it, i hate it. i used methods to battle it, its really scary experience to tell you truth, very scary. like im entering a dark world. but i have to do it from the source of all my problems, it gets more interesting by the day really and scary at the same time.

3xy

I'm sorry that your diagnosis doesn't feel like it fits, @ToothPullOuch. Have you questioned the diagnosis with your Dr?

T

ToothPullOuch

Thanks, all, for your responses!

Topic clarification: I'm mostly trying to reconcile my guilt for not being able to work.
A search resulted in this article on disorganized hebephrenic schizophrenia:

An individual with schizophrenia who is described as hebephrenic does not have hallucinations or delusions but instead has disorganized behavior and speech.

Paranoid schizophrenia describes my symptoms, as well as disorganized speech in front of people.

T

toto

Is it possible, only social fobie to have?Where is the best to write something... i think, that it's possible more kafe to make a psihose. What you think?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
BEASTMODEWARRIOR really early morning today good morning, hope all of you get want you want to do today, just be very careful though. Schizophrenia Forum 2
LORD BURT Thinking that I am really old Schizophrenia Forum 13
Q I [M21] feel like my brother [M28] has paranoid thoughts and I really don't know what to do about it Schizophrenia Forum 4
BEASTMODEWARRIOR i think i need a med adjustment bad like really bad. Schizophrenia Forum 8
P What's really going on in this world? Schizophrenia Forum 22
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Guys i really want to share this video, i found very helpful in my life, i hope its help you too :) Schizophrenia Forum 2
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Heys i love this forum there are really great people here. Schizophrenia Forum 2
telepathic_one Hes doing me over really bad Schizophrenia Forum 177
O Really bored Schizophrenia Forum 24
T If i am really on camera Schizophrenia Forum 45
lifecangetbetter I really wish i could experience this consciousness like the neurotypicals Schizophrenia Forum 6
hORIzonFINK210 what perspective really means Schizophrenia Forum 1
lifecangetbetter Im really starting to think we are all part of some alien experiment Schizophrenia Forum 27
gt86 Is this really Schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 16
fazza Doctor really messed up today Schizophrenia Forum 9
N I am NOT going off my meds but I am getting really frustrated here Schizophrenia Forum 6
L Really having problems over the last few days Schizophrenia Forum 6
Mr.NiceGuy Are voices really an existence outside the mind? Schizophrenia Forum 7
T I'm really trying to figure out how in the world are people watching me. Schizophrenia Forum 7
hORIzonFINK210 What really matters? What moves us. Schizophrenia Forum 1
S i've reached the beginning of madness and i really found it interesting Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Can people really hear your thoughts or is it schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 19
T I really believe I have a camera or microphone injected into me. Schizophrenia Forum 2564
P Been really struggling Schizophrenia Forum 9
Mr.NiceGuy 'off his meds again' really the cause? Schizophrenia Forum 2
L Anyone really want to work but can't? Schizophrenia Forum 5
P Schizoaffective disorder (havent talked to anyone about it really) Schizophrenia Forum 8
Not_Crazy_Yet Do you question if you're really sick? Schizophrenia Forum 22
T What schizoaffective is really like Schizophrenia Forum 8
Q What does prodromal schizophrenia really look like anyway? Schizophrenia Forum 3
cpuusage What It's Really Like To Live With Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 8
S Is there anyway I can get my brother to tell me what he really feels? Schizophrenia Forum 3
N Seeing a private psychiatrist and telling them what I really think? Schizophrenia Forum 4
N Your opinions and experiences would really help ... Schizophrenia Forum 31
S My Experience, am I really ill? Schizophrenia Forum 1
P That's some really unlucky sperm. Schizophrenia Forum 1
S i have the dreaded 'sz' word lol i really wish i didnt, its really shit isnt it! Schizophrenia Forum 14
P Ghosts are really real. Schizophrenia Forum 2
I I guess I'm just really tired at this point. Schizophrenia Forum 4
P I really need help.. Schizophrenia Forum 6
T What stigma really looks like Schizophrenia Forum 1
P Earth is just a stupid shithole really. Schizophrenia Forum 2
S The argument of do people really care Schizophrenia Forum 19
R Schizophrenia, OCD or anxiety? Really worried!! Schizophrenia Forum 4
P Nobody really wants equality. Schizophrenia Forum 1
E sew we have any tag or grubsake from the begining or end, its really all a bout our cure in long standing Schizophrenia Forum 2
coldwater00 Really struggling :( Schizophrenia Forum 31
E What is really going on while you chemically induct sleep. Schizophrenia Forum 3
E There is REALLY no rethinking of psychiatry ... we have to rethink Schizophrenia Forum 8
S Antipsychotic drugs are really getting me down Schizophrenia Forum 1