• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Am I pregnant??

N

Nutter_09

Hi all,

I am on the pill and venlafaxine Effixor 150. During a bad patch, I didnt take my pill after my 7 day break. I remembered after about 4 days, so started again and also took the morning after pill just in case. I was told it may not work.
My 7 day break started last thurs and am due to start again tomorrow - but have not had a period. This is very uncommon for me.
I have taken 3 tests all negative but am still worried. I feel a bit sicky and have a nasty taste in my mouth - all symptoms.........

Does anyone know if these anti-depressants effect the hormones and pregnancy testing.
I am worried as I am not sure if I am ready for a baby, and also about taking medication if I am.

Thinking of visiting the doc but dont wanna waste his time.

Any advice??

Thanks

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Probably the reply you expect but its got to be the doctors. If there is a chance of pregnancy the earlier the better that you see him when you are tasking meds.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Why don't you get a home pregnancy test? you can get them that tell you pretty much straight away now. it would set your mind at ease.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Why don't you get a home pregnancy test? you can get them that tell you pretty much straight away now. it would set your mind at ease.
She's already taken 3 tests.
I'd go to the GP.He'll probably know the answer to your questions.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
sorry nutter, didn't see that bit!! I wouldn't worry too much then these things are usually very accurate but yes if your still worried go to docs, you don't have to tell him you've took 3 tests.

Merlin

Merlin

Hi all,

I am on the pill and venlafaxine Effixor 150. During a bad patch, I didnt take my pill after my 7 day break. I remembered after about 4 days, so started again and also took the morning after pill just in case. I was told it may not work.
My 7 day break started last thurs and am due to start again tomorrow - but have not had a period. This is very uncommon for me.
I have taken 3 tests all negative but am still worried. I feel a bit sicky and have a nasty taste in my mouth - all symptoms.........

Does anyone know if these anti-depressants effect the hormones and pregnancy testing.
I am worried as I am not sure if I am ready for a baby, and also about taking medication if I am.

Thinking of visiting the doc but dont wanna waste his time.

Any advice??

Thanks

Do you have a "well women" clinic locally? you can just walk in there and get all the advice/help you need. good luck.

N

Nutter_09

Thanks all,

Started my new pack and think i'm just being silly - wil wait for a while and take 1 more, then leave it!
Just with all the meds etc its scary!!

Thanks again!

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I think the meds do miss your menstrual cycles up.

N

Nutter_09

Still nothing,
plus my boyf saw an email pop up! LOL
Went to the doc today, she said it could have been the morning after pill and my meds should not affect my cycle. Just gotta wait a bit and fo another test!
More waiting!

M

mazzag77

don't worry

hi there
i really wouldnt worry - if you've missed your period and several negative tests it's unlikely you'd be pregnant - espec as you took morning after pill
i've been on various anti depressants over the years and never heard any of them affect your cycle
things are probably just bit messed up cos you missed a few and then took morning after pill
i'm currently 6 months pregnant and can reassure you it's very unlikely you would get pregnancy symptoms this early on if you were pregnant - sickness doesnt genereally kick in till bit later - you're probably just bit stressed over the worry.:)
i'm on several medications still cos of depression too risky to come off and all fine with baby etc so nothing to worry about if you were pregnant etc anyway
but i'm sure you're not . tests these days are pretty good and the meds certainly wouldnt cause you to have several negative tests if you were pregnant
hope this helps
mary xxx

Jo1760

Jo1760

I hope your ok N.

It may not be the A.D's that have effected your cycle, it could just be general stress that has stopped you from having a period.
In the past when I have gone through particularly stressful/ low times my cycle has been disrupted to the point I didn;'t come on for 8 weeks. It may be with all the issues surrounding leaving your job and generally how you have been feeling you might just be more stressed than normal.

I hope everything works out for you.

Take care. :hug:

X

N

Nutter_09

THanks all,

Started my break Wed so should be any day now - I really hope it comes, God knows what I will do if I am pregnant. Not the right time at all. I am not really worrying about it as their are lots of other bad stuff in the world, but would just like to know so I can sort myself out!

Will keep you posted.

Thanks again.