• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I possibly narcissistic

M

Manson88

I’m a 22 year old male and I always knew there was something up with me and it could be narcissism. My dad is definitely a narcissist or a sociopath like I’m 100% sure, so maybe this could be genetics.

I’m a bit different than him though because I do have anxiety, and also social anxiety. But I love it when I’m not anxious and I can be loud around my friends and then I’m usually a massive **** especially to other people. Like when I’m not anxious it’s as if I like to boast and show how confident I am. I have empathy but usually it’s mainly towards my family and animals. But I do feel sorry for some people.

I often daydream of myself having massive success, being rich, and seeing people’s reaction to my successes. Also I’m not sure why but I want to be a psychopath kind of? And if I am a narcissist it would make me feel even better about myself idk why, I guess I always wanted to be fucked up. Like in films I love psychos and I wanna be one, and this could be do to my ego? I’m definitely not a psycho because I do have anxiety and I am extremely patriotic and psychos usually don’t feel such strong connections to their heritage.

Also I had one serious relationship and once we became official I became more distant with her because I felt like I achieved what I wanted and after that I just couldn’t be bothered to really meet with her or try. I didn’t want to but I just became very uninterested in her. Eventually it ended and it felt good because she always wanted to meet up and it became annoying, from a mutual friend I heard that she was very depressed for like 6 months whereas I was fine.

When there is someone that I hate I sometimes daydream about like hurting them in a painful way, sounds fucked up but I wouldn’t ever do it. Overall I would say my ego is fragile, either I’m very happy and confident or the opposite and it feels like my world is ending.
Lastly I kind of enjoy seeing my friends fail or see something bad happening to them. Like if a friend gets addicted to gambling, or like even cigarettes it makes me feel happy because I know these are stupid addictions and I don’t have these so I won’t have to spend money on these stupid things. Makes me feel better I guess.
Could you tell me if I am possibly some kind of narcissist? And what type of narcissist? Or am I just not a nice person lol

A

Am33

Everyone has seeds of narcissism in them. It stems from our egos which is like a computer program that takes over our actions when we don't make mindful decisions .Letting our egos take over will cause you to become more and more narcissistic . Life is like a staircase if you take one step down you will become more and more narcissistic until its a downward spiral and you become a sociopath which leads to suffering .Or you take one step up and become more mindful of your choices seek to overcome the ego . Read Mary Shelly's classic Frankenstein that's
a story about the ego. How it ultimately becomes a monster and cause destruction and in the end kills the doctor who created it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Personality Disorders Forum 10