• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Am I Paranoid?

B

bfcfan1882

Hi all I'm new to this forum so I will just introduce myself. My name Is Kieran and I'm 18 from England.

I have recently been suffering some form of Paranoia, or what I think could be a form of Paranoia. About 7-8 months ago I was dating a girl who had someone who was really interested in her. He'd dated her before and I started getting a little uncomfortable so I jumped ship. Nothing was really occuring at this point but up until about 4 months ago I remember walking somewhere to play football with some lads and they just started coming up to me in my face telling me to leave this girl alone that I had dated and to stop texting her... which I hadn't been doing anyhow. And this lad who has nothing what so ever to do with it started saying that if I don't I will make him mad and I will see the bad side of him... as you can imagine an 18 year old lad like myself, never had a fight in his life or had any trouble I was bound to be a little intimidated.

Now it's four months along the line and I just feel scared to walk in the area where they hang out just incase trouble fluffs up again. I am constantly checking this individuals Bebo just to see if he is saying anything about me which is really silly because I know that he has probably forgotten about it all by now and as you can imagine fuels the fire for me. I am going places i.e. parties and places and always asking if this certain individual is going out of sheer luck as I have no relations to him through friends. It's starting to get the better of me and I'm getting afraid from time to time to check my email and facebook... what have you.

I just am worried about my status of mental health and whether I am just worrying over nothing. I don't know whether to stand up to my fear face up and if I see them to kick off but I know that would make it worse. It's starting to limit me to where I can go or what I can do. For example I wont go down the local town on the weekend on a night out in fear of them seeing me and we all know what beer and testosterone does to people and I'm afraid of being on the firing line of that.

I can enjoy the good things in life but as well as that I will always have a dim doubt in my head what will happen. I try to run away from my problems for example I was going to go into the armed forces because I knew it would get me away from here. This isn't the answer and is real pathetic for me to think that this would be the best way out.

I think that's all for now. If i can think of any other symptoms I shall update all!!

Does anybody know what I can do or if there is anything that can be done psychologically to help me. Or am I just living in my own basic fear and because of my age I am bound to think this way.

All help will be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou!

Kieran, 18, North West England

D

Dollit

Hi Kieran. I think anybody faced with such an intimidating experience would be worried especially if there was no substance to the accusations. Perhaps the girl was trying to make him jealous by saying you wouldn't let go. Kind of backfired if she did.

People who try to bully other people are weak and insecure and think it makes people respect them when all it does is make people fear them or want to avoid them.

If it happens again register the incident with the local police and then there is something official on record. If you've heard nothing about him or anything he's said about you then he probably hasn't.

Don't limit your life but don't go looking for trouble either. Don't give yourself a hard time, it's easy to let fear overwhelm you for a while, it happens to the best of us.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi kieron and welcome to the forum

What happened those few months ago quite rightly scared you, but it seems as tho he has moved on and forgotton about this (which bullies often do). These things happen in life as you will find as you get older. I would try your hardest to stop worrying if anything has been said. Try to distract yourself when these thoughts creep in and think logically if 4months have gone by and nothing more has happened, its highly unlikely to.

Remember the old adage that bullies usually have their own problems that they wont admit to and try to gain some strength from that.

Hope it all works out for you

B

bfcfan1882

I just need to find some sort of way of overcoming the fear!

Thanks all!

D

Dollit

Well hang around and talk to the people here and let's see if we can help you.

B

bfcfan1882

Yeah think that is the best idea to be honest!

thanks!