• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I overreacting because I'm bipolar?

T

teddybear2067

My housemate has been making me miserable for the past few months. He's being so unreasonable to me that I end up în a low mood most days, and sometimes just start crying. I know that I have a tendancy to overreact to some things because I'm bipolar, but I'm also a very logical girl. I may overreact sometimes, but I just don't think this is right. I'll post some of the things he's been doing, and you'll see what I mean:
- He had no money. I bought him £10 worth of food, because he asked me to. He then yelled at me, saying I was inconsiderate and he didn't want to pay me back £10 - even though he had asked me.
- He came and watched my uni singing assessment, and instead of saying well done afterwards he said "go home and do the washing up, right now."
- After I came back from work, he told me I owed him a cigarette. Which I didn't. He then said "well, I'm still out", to which i replied "why is that my problem?", and he said "you have to bail me out, or you're a bitch."

This is just a few of the things he's been doing.
I'm sorry to rant about this, but I need ur opinion. This is making me miserable, and I need to know if I'm overreacting or if he's being unreasonable. Or maybe even both.
Thanku x

S

suzy

He is an idiot

Stand up to him, he owes you £10 and is being unreasonable, mis treating you because he thinks he can get away with it as you are bipolar (Does he know you are bipolar?)

I hope you sort it out as not getting on with who you live with is a big problem :(

A

a_wolf

He's trying to manipulate you emotionally. Draw some boundaries before it gets too bad b/c that is seriously just selfish behavior on his part. He needs to know that he's not simply entitled to your things/time just for being himself.

Who died and made him king?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Bipolar Forum 2
H Bipolar Forum 23
frisas45 Bipolar Forum 1
B Bipolar Forum 1
Zardos Bipolar Forum 18