• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Am I over reacting again?!? PLEASE HELP

L

LittleEll

Hello! Please help me out here

I feel like I have sunk to the bottom of the absolute earth and I don’t know if I’m over reacting. My partner has been dishonest with me several times in the past about talking to different girls in a flirtatious way etc. As far as i know he has never actually cheated. We resolved these problems and currently are solid and the best ever. He’s my best friend and I love him to the end of the world.

So we deleted all social media because that is where our problems stem from. Since it’s been fine. Obviously I still have trust issues- it comes with the diagnosis and the sting of the dishonesty from before.

So I glance at his phone and notice he’s been playing a game on Facebook messenger with some girl, who is so much prettier than me. There’s also some messages. Nothing flirty or anything but he’s not friends with her, he’s never mentioned her before so it’s weird.

Obviously I’ve addressed it and he said it’s only an online game, there is nothing in it. He can’t see why I’m upset about it.

Am I being stupid? Because right now I want to curl up in a hole and let the world swallow me up. I want to cry. I want to self harm because I feel like I’m never ever good enough.

I don’t know what to do

unspoken-words

unspoken-words

Hello , no not at all I don't think you are over reacting especially as your partner has been dishonest with you in the past. Please do not blame yourself for thinking this way, if you want your relationship to work then he must be honest with you.

F

Flameheart

id probably react the same way, but im also an over reactor so this isn't a helpful comment

M

motherforsale

You are not overreacting, I promise - he needs to be honest with you!

L

LittleEll

Hello my fellow over reactor! Thank you for being on the same wave as me x x

A

Aurelius

Hello! Please help me out here

I feel like I have sunk to the bottom of the absolute earth and I don’t know if I’m over reacting. My partner has been dishonest with me several times in the past about talking to different girls in a flirtatious way etc. As far as i know he has never actually cheated. We resolved these problems and currently are solid and the best ever. He’s my best friend and I love him to the end of the world.

So we deleted all social media because that is where our problems stem from. Since it’s been fine. Obviously I still have trust issues- it comes with the diagnosis and the sting of the dishonesty from before.

So I glance at his phone and notice he’s been playing a game on Facebook messenger with some girl, who is so much prettier than me. There’s also some messages. Nothing flirty or anything but he’s not friends with her, he’s never mentioned her before so it’s weird.

Obviously I’ve addressed it and he said it’s only an online game, there is nothing in it. He can’t see why I’m upset about it.

Am I being stupid? Because right now I want to curl up in a hole and let the world swallow me up. I want to cry. I want to self harm because I feel like I’m never ever good enough.

I don’t know what to do

Firstly, feel okay for feeling the way you do - but do not self-harm because you are more than good enough!!

Secondly, If 'he can’t see why you are upset about it' - either he is in denial or should look for a hole to swallow him up for being so insensitive and/or stupid!!!