• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Am I manic right now I cannot tell.

Hello513

Hello513

I have never experienced joy or euphoria before, and right now the past couple of days I have experienced it frequently despite still battling low points and suicidal ideation.

I spend a lot of time looking for work and schooling. The plan is to go back to workl part time, and then go get a degree that will help me in the path I have chosen to pursue while working part time at an entry level position.

I have connected with a lot of friends in a very short amount of time. I am on a relatively low does of medications compared to the past, but my sleep has corrected itself nicely, and I no longer get nearly as irritable and angry as I used to most of my life. This anger and irritibiliaty is a large part why the doctors lean towards a bipolar diagnoses while not ruling out major depresion one of my previous diagnoses.

Maybe its just because I have friends again, and it seems like I will be imminently getting my own place with a friend of mine moving out of my mothers house for the first time in seven years. Further my jobs counselor thinks I have a real good chance at landing a decent job, and going back to school.

So all in all my life is pretty good right now, and unlike in the past I do not have this crippling fear the psychoses will come back. I am still cautious that it might, but I am growing more confident I will never have another psychotic episode ever again.

The doctors did not seem to think I was manic, and niether did any of my friends when I asked them. Still this happiness while it does not last all day is very new to me. I have not felt this much happiness in over seven years.

Its probably just the joy of having friends again, and the imminent prospect of regaining my independence something I have craved to recapture since my first psychotic episode.

Forgive me

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

Hi Hello513Zombie,

Have you been sleeping regularly? Normally during manic episodes people don't have the need for much sleep and can go days without it. The other symptoms you're describing definitely sound like it could be a manic episode, but it also sounds like your life could just be moving in a really good direction (I hope that's the case). If your sleep and appetite are normal then I would probably agree with your doctor and friends that you're not manic. Anyway just my 2 cents, hope it helps!

JessisMe

JessisMe

I have never experienced joy or euphoria before, and right now the past couple of days I have experienced it frequently despite still battling low points and suicidal ideation.

I spend a lot of time looking for work and schooling. The plan is to go back to workl part time, and then go get a degree that will help me in the path I have chosen to pursue while working part time at an entry level position.

I have connected with a lot of friends in a very short amount of time. I am on a relatively low does of medications compared to the past, but my sleep has corrected itself nicely, and I no longer get nearly as irritable and angry as I used to most of my life. This anger and irritibiliaty is a large part why the doctors lean towards a bipolar diagnoses while not ruling out major depresion one of my previous diagnoses.

Maybe its just because I have friends again, and it seems like I will be imminently getting my own place with a friend of mine moving out of my mothers house for the first time in seven years. Further my jobs counselor thinks I have a real good chance at landing a decent job, and going back to school.

So all in all my life is pretty good right now, and unlike in the past I do not have this crippling fear the psychoses will come back. I am still cautious that it might, but I am growing more confident I will never have another psychotic episode ever again.

The doctors did not seem to think I was manic, and niether did any of my friends when I asked them. Still this happiness while it does not last all day is very new to me. I have not felt this much happiness in over seven years.

Its probably just the joy of having friends again, and the imminent prospect of regaining my independence something I have craved to recapture since my first psychotic episode.

Forgive me
Congratulations! I agree with the above poster: as long as you are not experiencing lack of sleep, an overload of thinking and activities, thoughts of yourself that are grandiose and other symptoms maybe it’s just happiness. What a nice diagnosis for a change! xo, j

Hello513

Hello513

Hi Hello513Zombie,

Have you been sleeping regularly? Normally during manic episodes people don't have the need for much sleep and can go days without it. The other symptoms you're describing definitely sound like it could be a manic episode, but it also sounds like your life could just be moving in a really good direction (I hope that's the case). If your sleep and appetite are normal then I would probably agree with your doctor and friends that you're not manic. Anyway just my 2 cents, hope it helps!
Yes my sleep has been quite good, and my appetite has been pretty good for me. I have crhon's disease so my appetite is always going to be a little lower than most people, but I am still eating regurlarly and sleep is not an issue.

G

Garnia

It doesn’t sound like mania to me. It sounds like you’re just happy :) enjoy it!