am i likely 2 be awarded pip with bpd,ptsd & chronic depression & anxiety??

S

Stormy

Hi Lauren...if you need any help with appealing,feel free to message me and I will see what I can do to help...I'm quite good at letters and form filling (I think I am) hope you're ok...dont let them put you off,that's what they want for people to be turned down and not appeal x

L

lauren22

Hi Lauren...if you need any help with appealing,feel free to message me and I will see what I can do to help...I'm quite good at letters and form filling (I think I am) hope you're ok...dont let them put you off,that's what they want for people to be turned down and not appeal x
Hi stormy :) deffo gonna need some help I've rreceived my ddecision & they have twisted EVERYTHING I said & awarded me 0 points :( she's even saidI make myself beans on toast daily, I don't even like beans ffs, they must get paid to lie. She said I seemed calm, and attended the apt alone which is also a load of crap :unsure: grrrrr x

S

Stormy

The lying so and sos! They did this with my mam too..lied about things...inbox me Lauren anything u get stuck on anything and make sure to say about what they have lied about...its a bloody disgrace...i know a woman who got full rates on both PIP and there really is not a thing wrong with her...she gets a repeat prescription for anxiety and depression and pretends to take them when really she has no intention... unfair they cant spot the fakers yet see the genuine ones as them im so mad about it....x

U

unique86

when I applied for pip the nurse who came out to see me also lied about me
she had said I stood up when I never did. my partner was with me so he knew the truth
I sent a reconsideration letter and I got awarded higher rate mobility
but I get that for cfs and fibro.
my mental health wasent real bad when I applied so I didn't mention any mental health issues.

S

Stormy

Hi Unique...thats shocking,I wonder how they can sleep at night when they are in a position of trust,yet lie through their teeth (probably for commission I dare bet) I can't get over how much I've heard about their lies ...its a shame people couldn't record it in some way,so its on record...sounds daft but it would catch the bugg**s out! X

Last edited:
L

lauren22

The lying so and sos! They did this with my mam too..lied about things...inbox me Lauren anything u get stuck on anything and make sure to say about what they have lied about...its a bloody disgrace...i know a woman who got full rates on both PIP and there really is not a thing wrong with her...she gets a repeat prescription for anxiety and depression and pretends to take them when really she has no intention... unfair they cant spot the fakers yet see the genuine ones as them im so mad about it....x
Hi stormy so sorry 4 the Late reply don't seem to be getting notifications :( I told my Dr she said 'I was very calm' he laughed and said he'd never seen me calm :unsure: its all so wrong, I know someone who receives higher rate for both & also earns £350 per week as a roofer :unsure: I just think there making all the wrong people 'fight' for it, personally I find every day a battle could do without these jokers adding to it lol Xx

L

leemarie43

I have bpd, cyclothmia, anxiety, depression and addictions. I also self harm and have tried suicide a number of times. The majority of times I don't function. I don't eat or drink some days ( I'm size 8) have a poor sleep pattern, lie in bed on my worse days, have debts, forget to take my meds and don't go out the house due to anxiety and basically self neglect. I also had to stop driving. I had supporting evidence from four different progessional groups related to my mental health problems and a supportive GP who has also seem me when if been very distressed and on one occasion had to call an ambulance. I have also been done for common assalt due to my anger issues. I got 0 TOTAL points on my assessment. The woman did not even know what cyclothmia and bpd was. She also contradicted alot of what I said and made things up. According to her I was basically fully functioning. Amazing! Even my lodger who works with problem families was discusted and will be helping me with the assessment for my appeal. Id have to be half dead, under 3 stone and spent the last week curled up in bed incontinent with pressure sores to even score 1 point in total.
It's sad that people do abuse the system while genuine people get refused even with evidence from professional teams that they are in crisis and struggling to cope with their mental health and activities of daily living. The assessor it seems was not knowledgeable in mental health and wrote what suited her. I plan on appealing but this time will get professional help to complete the assessment.

C

Chullie236

Hi yes I get pip for bipolar disorder and bpd. It's an intrusive questionnaire but worth it. Mental health issues can be severely debilitating and I cannot work because of my illness. I got support from my psychiatric doc to strengthen my claim. Good luck.

K

kevinbootz

ive been diagnosed with eupd which is a part of bpd and i have not had any letter saying if ive been refused or granted i had to ring up and they told me over the phone i had been refused and they sent me a letter out over 24 days ago which i havent received so i dont know what i have failed on and without the letter i cant appeal so what can i do

K

kevinbootz

hi lauren theyve done exactly the same to me i told them i need help taking my medication and going out alone i have panic attacks and i forget when i have the cooker on sometimes and they awarded me 0 points and twisted everything i said and she said i seemed calm at my interview even though i had a panic attack there all liars

W

Wangy47

Hi last week there did it to me said I take granson to the park & walk the dog I don't do any of them because I won't leave my comfort zone

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Can I ask are you all new claimants or have you all been refused PIP switching to it from DLA?

P

Pollypop

I am on dla and applying pip. It doesn't sound hopeful.
Someone we know who had a leg amputated but didn't qualify.

Also another who had both legs amputated and was struggling with metal "legs"
He didn't qualify because he was considered "mobile"

It's almost impossible to get the truth for MH.
As people have said, the amount of incorrect information (LIES) is
unbelievable.

I barely recognised myself when I managed to see some letters from
the psychiatrist to my GP.

Dangerously incorrect written information follows you everywhere.

Good luck everyone, don't let the b...ards win. X

J

Jules5

I was denied twice over her in the USA as I have been reading a lot of post about pip and esa I think we have about the same process. I may have better luck at the appeal coming up I waited a year for it as now I have a Lawyer the do all the work and just take a pretty nice chunk out of your back pay. Here you almost always get denied the first and second time and then the hearing you have a 60 40 chance. I wish it did not work this way as you get so full of anxiety waiting and then you do not know. I heard on here you always need to describe you worst days and just because I am feeling okay for the last couple months I must emphaise that I have horrible bouts of psychosis. Wish you lots of luck and hope you do appeal. Hugs

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I had my assessment seven weeks ago and am still waiting for the result. After reading all this it really concerns me. I took my dosset box with me and she seems a bit taken aback at the amount of meds I take. I take 18 tablets a day plus three different ones PRN. But when you hear of some really badly disabled people getting zero points I’m beginning to think I don’t stand much chance now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Personality Disorders Forum 2