• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I hearing?

T

Tainted

I have made a previous post regarding this subject in the Hearing voices part of this website. I have not reveived any responses, so I hope I haven't offended anybody.:unsure:

I have been severly depressed for a couple of years now. I have felt like I was getting better, but now I am getting scared.

About ten days ago whilst at work I heard a voice behind me call my name. when I asked the man behind me he said he hadn't said anything. Then again a few days later I heard my name called, I turned around and there was no one there.

If this just one of thise things? Or have other people that do now hear voices start by hearing the odd word here and there. I hope I am worrying for nothing but I am a bit concerned,

Thank you for your help.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey tainted - sorry you didnt get any responses
I hear voices but I don;t know what to say about you or your hearing your name being called. Perhaps you should visit the gp and expalin what has been happening. I hear my name usually followed by long conversations and I have more than one person talking about/to me.

Don;t know this helps but hey you are not alone

KS

T

Tainted

Thanks Keepsafe.

Your answer is helpful.

I'm just not sure if I should ignore it or if it could be the beginning of something.

I am visiting my c.p.n in 20 minutes I'm not sure if I should mention it to her?!

keepsafe

keepsafe

I would mention it to your c.p.n just like you said it on here - see what he/she says - what have you to lose, show them the print out of what your wrote if you are not confident enough to speak it out loud

Good luck - they are there to help you

KS

J

jamesdean

They call it psycosis in depression but yet they find it hard to diagnosis depression theres the laugh you can have a higher sympton but not the condition F**k me imo

M

mad as a hatter

jd i get where ur comin from when i 1st started gettin voices it was my name bein called i 1st heard i,d tell ur cpn or go 2 ur gp

S

Steve5513

Tell someone. Preferably your GP or CPN

T

Tainted

Hello all

Thank you so much for your responses.

I know I must tell someone and I think my c.p.n is the easiest person to tell. However, I am still finding it hard to tell her.

I meet with her every Tuesday and am trying to pluck up my courage to tell her. I just don't know how to bring it up? Also I am worreid she will think I am trying to find things wrong with me, I don't know why I feel like this, there isn't any reson why I should, but I do!

Thanks for all your help.

S

Steve5513

You're right, there is no reason you should feel like this. Tell your CPN, he/she will be able to help you and you will end up feeling better as a result of it.

T

Tainted

Thanks Steve5513.

I have to ring my C.P.N this afternoon for another reason. Do you think I should mention this to her on the phone or wait until my next appointment (Tuesday)? I want to tell her a.s.a.p as I am really scared. But I find it easier to talk face to face. Althought I will probably chicken out on Tuesday anyway.

I'm just so confused I know I need to tell her and she seems to be the most likley person I will tell. I want to tell her as I am so scared, but I just don't know how to do it.

I think I am scared of telling her as she will have met patients who hear a lot more than there name being called a few times and I'm worried she will think I am over dramatising as there are people who hear a lot worse than this.

Any suggestions anyone?

Thank you.:unsure:

S

Steve5513

She won't think your over dramatising. I think you should tell her first chance you get, then you can get help even quicker.

As for how to say it... When he/she rings he/she will probably ask how you are doing. At that point just say something like "Not good, i've been hearing voices."

Regardless of how you do it, it is important you tell her. She won't laugh or think you're overeacting and it's nothing to be ashamed or embarrased about.

D

Devon

If your CPN is even half decent he/she will treat each patient as a different person.

Every one has their own needs and needs to be considered on their own consequences not who & whatever they have encountered previously.

Be honest, tell your CPN and let them get you the help or support you need.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey tainted - good luck with talking to your c.p.n - like Steve says she won;t laugh or anything like that - if she is a good c.p.n. she will listen and be caring towards you and your needs
Take it easy
KS

T

Tainted

Thank you Steve5513 your advice is so much appreciated.

I know what you are saying is right. But I just can't help feeling so scared. I have real difficulty opening up to her ( or anyone) and that's part of my problem.

I don't feel ashamed I just don't know how to tell her ( what to say). Your advice is great especailly the wording as to telling her. But, I know I wont be able to be as straight to the point as that ( I wish I could).

What if my C.P.N thinks oh for godness sake there are people who hear far worse and far more, get a grip. I know she wouldn't say tha to me, but she may think it.

I know I have to tell her as I as so scared and worried!

I'm at work at the moment and will ring her when I get home ( about 2:30) I will try and pluck up my courage inbertween times. Do you think she will want to see me?

T

Tainted

Hi all

just to let you know. I spoke to my c.p.n yesterday but I couldn't bring myself to tell her about hearing my name! I am so frustrated at myself!

I am seeing her and the P doc on tuesday morning. I know this is my perfect opportunity, but I am 90% sure I'll chicken out.

Anyone got any stratagies / advice as to how I can do this?

Thank you.