• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I hearing voices? Please help!

W

whitecat

Hi everyone...
First of all I'd like to say...I'm Dutch, I do speak english but ofcourse I make mistakes...So I'm sorry for that...
Yesterday I talked to someone who helps me with a few problems I have (like self harm and an anxiety disorder). We were talking about selfharm en she asked me what made me decide to cut myself...I said well sometimes I'm just in panic and I don't think about it...But sometimes there's some sort of voice in my head who tells me things like: shut up and cut yourself, bitch!...And there's another 'voice' who askes me questions...But really stupid questions like:
Why did you stutter? Why do you erase that? (when I wrote something down that isn't correct) Why do you sit on the couch this way? And I have to explain it otherwise I get stressed or something..Like when you've forgotten a name and you're sure you do know it...Then you have to think about it until you know it, right? For me, trying to ignore it and not explain the thing that voice asks is like not knowing that name...I hope you understand what I'sayingI just don't know a better way to explain it, sorry..
And the last week, the voices talk to eachother too..like when the asking voice asked me to explain why I stuttered and I was trying to explain, but the 'angry' voice said 'thats because you're a stupid little bitch!...
Hopefully this story isnt too boring, I just wanted to explain it good enough..So My question is: Do you think I need to talk about it, or is this just the normal 'inner voice' (or something like that:unsure:) that everyone has??
Pleease help:confused:
greeetttzz whitecat

D

Dollit

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think if it worries you enough to come here and describe the voices and ask if you need to talk about it to someone then it's a good idea to talk to someone.

There are ways of helping yourself with voices. What I hear isn't voices so I can't give you any tips but there are lots of people on here who live with their voices.

http://www.intervoiceonline.org/ this link will take you to an international website especially for people who hear voices.

I hope I've helped.

W

whitecat

=) alright, thank you