• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Am I having panic attacks?

Jam1990

Jam1990

So starting last Thursday I’ve been having extremely awful symptoms at night time. It comes on almost instantly and I feel like blood isn’t getting to my brain making me feel faint, I start getting an extremely high heart rate, I begin to get very dizzy, I can barely speak or keep my eyes open, and walking is difficult. I haven’t had panic attacks in a very long time, but I’m starting to think that I’m having them again. It happened again last night but it didn’t last as long. The first episode on Thursday lasted over an hour and the episode last night lasted about 20-30 minutes.

Part of me feels like I’m having a stroke, but the next day I feel totally fine. I’m also only 30 years old so I don’t think a stroke is the most likely culprit. I’ve been under a lot of pressure this week in particular. I just started working a lot more hours at work and over the weekend I’ve been responsible for moving a house for someone who’s property I manage. He doesn’t even live here but he just bought a new house here and I’m responsible for moving his belongings to the new house. He’s very particular with his belongings so I’ve been stressing out about making sure everything goes well. I just don’t necessarily feel panicky but I’ve heard that panic attacks can just happen out of nowhere when you don’t expect them. Anyways, I’ve been terrified because I don’t want to have another episode because it legit feels like I could die when it happens. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on Friday so I will definitely be bringing it up and I’m positive that he will order blood work to rule other stuff out. My main fear is that it happens while I’m at work, even though it only seems to happen at night time.

Thanks for listening. If you have experience with panic attacks please let me know what they feel like for you.

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

i get panic attacks every few days, and i understand how scary it can be. i think the stress of work and the extra hours are probably what's causing the panic attacks. if you can, maybe see if you can take some time off work, or just generally give yourself some time to rewind and relax. the appointment sounds like a good idea, hopefully you will feel better soon

S

siliconom

Panic attacks can be overcome in time but you need to work at it

There should be stuff on tbis forum about it but if not, you'll find good clips on You Tube

D

deliverevil

Sounds like your over thinking I haven't much advice other than try not to worry so much