• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I going manic or just experiencing normal happiness?

N

Notalwaysever

So I am really more schizoaffective bipolar than the bipolar 1 diagnosis I have for years but I think you guys will be helpful. I have been on new meds and doing really well (just a few minor ups and downs) for the past 8 months or so. Recently I got back in touch with some old friends I lost contact with during a bad psychotic episode years ago. We have been reconnecting and chatting and everyone has been super forgiving and understanding of me. I also starting to form new friendships with people I have known since I started doing better.

Everything seems really great, but there is defiantly a surge of energy in me and my behavior is somewhat changing. I am not putting myself in any bad situations, even being covid safe (super Florida being a hot spot). Is this just normal good stuff or do you think in a few weeks I will be off the rails? I should be better able to read myself but I just cannot, to much about me has changed on the new meds. I want this to just be a good thing, please let it be.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

So I am really more schizoaffective bipolar than the bipolar 1 diagnosis I have for years but I think you guys will be helpful. I have been on new meds and doing really well (just a few minor ups and downs) for the past 8 months or so. Recently I got back in touch with some old friends I lost contact with during a bad psychotic episode years ago. We have been reconnecting and chatting and everyone has been super forgiving and understanding of me. I also starting to form new friendships with people I have known since I started doing better.

Everything seems really great, but there is defiantly a surge of energy in me and my behavior is somewhat changing. I am not putting myself in any bad situations, even being covid safe (super Florida being a hot spot). Is this just normal good stuff or do you think in a few weeks I will be off the rails? I should be better able to read myself but I just cannot, to much about me has changed on the new meds. I want this to just be a good thing, please let it be.
That. Sounds like happiness to me. Being happy is a great thing and no need to deconstruct it.