• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Am I going crazy?

L

lee11719

I am obsessed with my son's lack of friends. I think about it night and day and drive him crazy. I have panic attacks when I see his old friends hanging out without him, and have actually not eaten days in a row because it makes me so sick. I have started sarefem and another seditive, but I have never even needed advil before. How can this come on so suddenly. The more stressed I get, the more I make him stressed. I have not seen a counselor yet.
Any advice?

BORTU

BORTU

Lee, you will always have a friend on this website. But I suggest you see your GP and insist on getting counselling.

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

In my book crazy stands for constantly revolving around yourself well i cant think of the z bit! But i mean we go round and round in in our heads we hang on to normal thought until it becomes abnormal . A fleeting thought about your son and his mates and a casual word about your concern would be ok but the constant re hash of it i think is what we must learn to guard against.

Angels

Angels

You shouldnt be worried about it. It is his life, he may not want new friends. im 15 years old and im the most anti social person in the world because i dont like people. simple as that. i do have friends but i hate them and i dont like to associate with people my age because they are evil. i dont agree with what most teenagers do. all the things they do when they know they are too young to do it.
Just dont worry about it. if you worry about it, it will put pressure on him and yourself.