Am I experiencing manic episode now?!?!

G

getmeoutofhere1

you might of seen I've posted another post on here - I'm on my first week of 'setraline' from day 4 I felt GREAT then it dipped back down.

I've had an awful day spent all day in bed even getting washed and eating was hard.

Now I cant stop smiling/laughing - playing the song 'euphoria' over and over whilst on chatroulette - doing random dancing to strangers?!
It feels GREAT but is this normal !? :/.

All i feel like doing is going to a nightclub and dancing all night!!!!!

V

Violets

very possibly. how do you feel inside? my mind always feels flooded with it when i'm going manic, my jaw feels trembley most of the time too! and my arms feel full of energy. but duno if everyone is the same xxxxx

MsAnthrope

MsAnthrope

I have about 5 or 6 songs playing in my head and they all merge into one. Get loads of random thoughts aboyut all sorts of things like odd memories etc. I get lots of weird faces come to my mind too and I cannot sleep and yes I feel like going out and dancing ALL nite or driving really fast all night. I also feel like I cannot cope because the feeling in my chest will explode

ABsea

ABsea

I can't speak for anyone else but I just stopped taking setraline because within one week, I stayed up every night, annoyed the hell out of everyone with my pointless yapping and dancing around, then crashed and hit the ground hard.
After blaming it all on the med, getting paranoid that my psychiatrist was trying to kill me, I stopped taking it and
ended up in hospital for attempting suicide.
Pleaseplease be careful! No one should experience this it was absolutely the worst experience of my life. If you start feeling slightly different, please explain to your dr. exactly how your feeling and dont get ignored!! ( which is what they did to me n things got way out of control)

Be safe!!

P

purple_elephants

From my own experience, which is limited, it does sound like you could be manic, or at least heading there soon.

Please stay safe. Call your pdoc and perhaps ask their opinion?