• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am i destined for anything but suicide

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

I think when it comes to loneliness, it's important to make a note of your needs (what you feel you are being starved off). By reaching out to make connections in these areas you are more likely to be fulfilled. It's also important to keep your self-esteem up (so always work on that), and set boundaries so that people don't abuse your good nature etc. When making quality connections it's also important that you know the people you are interacting with and possibly their true intentions etc. Lonely people can often be vulnerable people (how many people have been conned out of money for example)... Generally when the causes of loneliness (or any causes of any issues coming to that) are addressed and someone starts to take action, the effects of those causes should start to diminish. Hope this helps :)
hate to ease drop but very true. lonely people are very vulnerable, i have been cat fished a lot because of it. just keep note of people that ask for money or favors from people you barely know.

ht46

ht46

I was suffering from depressed thoughts, waking up and hating life and myself, then I went through meta cognitive therapy with a psychologist it really changed my attitude just remember rumination is not problem solving is something I learnt. You have worth.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Justafriend95 Self Harm Forum 26