• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am i depressed???

L

lespaul1960

Hey guys i'm new and think i may be depressed. I'm 19 (20 in october) Even as i'm writing this now i feel as if i just want to well up. Almost a year ago i was in a accident where a pedestrian walked out into the road in front of me. I slammed the brakes and tried to swerve but to no avail. The man went through 2 operations to fix a broken bone (the re-done the first operation) he then died 9 days after the accident from a blood clot. I found out at the start of the year that after the police had checked everything about 6 months before, and they said that it was an accident and they had witnesses statements to say that. I am now due to go to court for careless driving (not anything to do with the man die-ing) and Since this happened i have been a lot more tired, feeling a lot more anxious and nervous about everything, I used to play my guitar every day now i'm lucky if i play it once a week and have just lost interest in most things. But now my girlfriend (the one constant in my life for the past 5 years) has changed a lot being moody and very horrible, for no apparent reason (and she's not cheating or anything). I now feel even worse as if the world is against me, and have admittedly contemplaited suicide on occasion, but then i think of my mum, dad and bro and don't think i could have them upset. Can anyone give me some advice?

T

Twylight

Hello LesPaul and welcome

I'm sorry to hear what your going through, but accidents happen every day

I lost a girlfriend to suicide and I punished myself for years

I'm a stronger man for it
I think i first started doing charity work, because I had a guilty conscience

No doubt you constantly ask yourself if there's any way you could have avoided it
You might not think at the moment that you'll ever get over it - but life goes on and time does heal

shaun3210

shaun3210

Hi LesPaul have you spoke to your GP about how you are feeling?
A event such as you described is very traumatic and it might be good to get some advice from a professional about it.:)