Am I depressed?

J

JoeWint

Hi all,

I like to think that when it comes to any form of illness that I'd be seen as the complete opposite to a hypochondriac, however due to repetition in my more recent behaviour I've come to question what is up with me.

Over the past 6-12 months, I've found I lack energy to go to University, not only this but to do pretty much any activity at all, and whilst I hate spending all day sat in bed alone doing nothing, I feel it's the best way to avoid everything.

My ability to deal with daily stress has deteriorated to the point I now push any issues away and pretend they simply don't exist.

Other symptoms I feel I have would be loneliness; as though I'm not good enough for anybody or myself, an increase in my gambling habits and just a general dislike of absolutely any day to day things be it activities or people etc

I feel at an all time low and feel I may need to go to the doctors to set this straight one way or another but I wouldnt like to waste their time if this is just a blip.

If anybody can shed any light on their own experiences and give me and help or advice I'd be really appreciative.

Thanks for your time.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Joe Wint

:welcome: to the forum!!

Sorry to hear of your struggles.
I would most definitely get how you feel checked out with a medical professional.

you are asking 'am I depressed' only a Dr could tell you that and we would leave a diagnosis to them, it does sound like you maybe imo , please don't feel you are wasting their time, you are not. The sooner you go see someone the better.

I really wish you well.
Unique xx