• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

am i delusional

V

volnash

I think im imagining that someone is out to get me, to hack me etc and i feel funny.

I feel out of sorts, in a bad way but im too scared to call, and put on even more meds.

Last edited:
Kerome

Kerome

That's tough... Can you get a family member or friend to double check you? Sometimes getting someone else in the loop can help clear up whether you are thinking entirely logically, or maybe are suffering delusions.

U

urbangibbon

I think im imagining that someone is out to get me, to hack me etc and i feel funny.

I feel out of sorts, in a bad way but im too scared to call, and put on even more meds.
I had paranoia when I had a breakdown. Later, when I had recovered, I asked myself the following questions ; "Does being paranoid about something happening actually stop it happening? And does worrying about what other people think of you stop them thinking like that?" I think just for your own reassurance - depending how you feel - you should speak to somebody like a CPN, your GP, etc. If you are "hacked" then it won't kill you. You will recover from it. Thousands are hacked everyday, including most recently Sony. Make sure you have good quality anti-hack software on your computer. You'll be OK. You'll see :)

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

To be honest, after your experience with someone hacking into your account, it's an understandable response to be a bit paranoid.
But I think you just need to see that incident as bad luck - lots of people get hacked into randomly. I can't understand why hackers do it, but try to reassure yourself that nobody was personally targeting you, it was just a case of you being the wrong person at the wrong time. x

V

volnash

I have recently removed alot of malware, and etc VPU or VUP something was called, but my pages are refreshing by itself, is this normal? id guess not? whoever this hacker is, he can have my email as long as i get one account that i want, as i dont know his intentions im scared to post what account that is, simply because he may take it aswell.

Really at a loss, thanks for comments guys.

Q

quantum1connect

Surround yourself with people. Even if it's just the mall. Use some grounding techniques. Use a thought record. Do you have objective evidence that someone is out to get you? If you don't, that will be great to realize and calm your nerves. If you really do have someone after you, call the police. If not, email or contact your health provider. Be safe, be happy. :)

albie

albie

I get paranoid that someone is stealing my mail, as we have a shared mail box in the building I live in. I left a letter to myself recently to see if anyone stole it. They didn't.

U

urbangibbon

I get paranoid that someone is stealing my mail, as we have a shared mail box in the building I live in. I left a letter to myself recently to see if anyone stole it. They didn't.
Albie, what would you have thought of your "paranoid" state of mind if you had found that the letter you left had actually been taken? Firstly, [1] being paranoid about it didn't stop it being stolen and [2] would it have justified your paranoia? Actually, rationally speaking, I think it is a good way to check to see if your mail is being stolen. You secretly drop it into the mail after the postman has been, and see if it disappears? But why get paranoid about it? Just proceed with rationality.:cool:

albie

albie

Albie, what would you have thought of your "paranoid" state of mind if you had found that the letter you left had actually been taken? Firstly, [1] being paranoid about it didn't stop it being stolen and [2] would it have justified your paranoia? Actually, rationally speaking, I think it is a good way to check to see if your mail is being stolen. You secretly drop it into the mail after the postman has been, and see if it disappears? But why get paranoid about it? Just proceed with rationality.:cool:
If it had been taken I don't know what I would have thought about my paranoid state of mind. It would have justified it, I suppose. I think we should all be paranoid about things like that: there's a lot of thieves in the world.

D

Dottyone

Hi Volnash, ive read some of your hacking post and whether they are real or not they are obviously having a serious affect on your emotional responses and paranoia, the fact that you have written on here and mentioned that you think your imaging it all says that you have some insight into whats going on.

I dont go outside because I fear people are out to follow me and kill me but sometimes I know its delusional paranoia.

You have some insight into whats going on Volnash, i think you would be just fine talking to a Pdoc.

You dont have to stay on meds for long, maybe just enough time to get back on form.

all the best xx:hug1: