• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

am i deluding myself?

E

eternity

hi,
last year was a bad year for us as a family and my husband became depressed he swept it under the carpet hoping it would go away and i didn't notice bcause of everything that was going on. it came to a head 4 months ago and he moved out to his mothers because he was unsure what he wanted. he then became more interested in seeing his friends and going out which he has said was escapism.i allowed it to happen as i wanted to be supportive and not put any extra pressure on him. the uncertainty of the situation led to me having a nervous breakdown acouple of months ago and now i'm suffering from depression and anxiety and can't leave the house on my own. at the weekend i discovered that he has started a relationship with someone new, it's been going on for 10 days. he says he has feelings for her and for me. he's said he is willing to see if there is anything left between us and will go to couples councilling but refuses to stop seeing her. he just keeps telling me not to make him choose as he doesn't know what he wants. my emotions are all over the place and i'm not sure if he's just being gutless and if not how long do i let it continue? i'm just so confused right now so any words of wisdom on the situation would be appreciated.

eternity:confused:

S

shelly33

Hi Eternity,

I am sorry that you are going through such a tough time at the moment and would like to offer you my support.

I can relate to depression and anxiety. I am also suffering from them at the moment.

I have been advised that it is better for me not to make big or potentially life changing decisions when I am depressed (or manic). I understand that this is much easier said than done, but I know that, for me, when my mood is unstable, my thoughts and decisions about a situation are very different from when I am well.

One idea that you may like to consider would be to delay making a decision until you are both feeling better, difficult as this is to do.

I hope that things improve for you soon.

Shelly33
:hug:

E

eternity

thanks shelley33,
in my more rational moments i think exactly what you just said but it's nice to hear it from someone else. it may make it easier to keep that in mind when my mood deteriorates.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E People 2