• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I crazy?

A

abertha

Maybe many of you have this. Often I'm not sure if I am thinking rationally, or if my illness if blurring things.

Since moving to this country, I have done my best to try and fit in. Which is hard when faced with such cold people. I have been to work with my OH many times, helped out and tried to start up conversations with people, I have even painted the place.

Well there is a xmas party tomorrow. They are going for a meal and then drinking. But I am not invited, as they said it's only for people that work there (only 5 of them). But OH asked if I wanted to sit in the office while they eat dinner, and then go out with them afterwards! I said no, I do not want to sit in a freezing cold stinky studio all alone for hours while they are eating at a posh restaurant. Am I crazy, or does this suck?

Also, it's our 4 year anniversary tomorrow. I don't think he has remembered though. :(

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
tell them thankyou for the thought but you have to go somewhere else. you dont need that crap. it wouldnt do them any harm at all to let you eat with them. can you subtley remind him about your anniversary. good luck diddy

A

abertha

I couldn't bring myself to remind him about it. I hate him thinking I want something off him. He just left for the day. I guess they think they don't want some loon of a girl at their dinner table - oh well. I suppose there is nothing else for me to do but stay here and get high. Thanks for your reply x

iffybob

iffybob

OK

You dont say what country you are now in, but I take it you mean England.

A very polite to your face, b!tch behind your back, inconsiderate, two-faced, selfish, and ungreatful populouse country of people.
(I was born and lived here all my life)

All that you have experienced is quite normal here, I would not take offence at not getting the invite.

Forgetting your anniversary on the other hand .................:evil:

A

Ainsworth

i dont think aberta is in England boB.

i think that sucks, why arent you as his OH invited. thats just bad manners. i can quite understand you feeling left out and not wanting to meet up with them after. i would not wanted too.

i remembered my anniversary for the first time this year. been married 15, so my bad too :unsure:

A

abertha

Actually I moved to Norway...and I agree, I grew up in England and I thought people could be cold there...until I moved here! People are so rude, even though everyone speaks perfect english, they act like I'm not even in the room. Like they think they are better than everyone!

He felt bad about forgetting our anniversary, when I gave him a gift I made. But the exact same thing happened last year, so he can't have felt that bad or he wouldn't have let it happen again this year. Today is going to be a hard day.:(

iffybob

iffybob

Corrected

Ok, I stand corrected, it just sounded like england.

I suggest next year you put a note with "DONT FORGET THE ANAVERSARY" in the frount window of the house a week before.

I think I will quit marrage councling while I am only this far behind.........

.... boB .........:flowers:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Schizophrenia Forum 2