Am I being unreasonable?

D

dewey

And then I’ll go back to my rightful position of expecting nothing.
Maybe it's best to take an emotional distance from the situation? To expect nothing?
Maybe you need something else to focus on? See a friend?

G

Girl interupted

He finally called my aunt after I pointed out he was doing things that used to make my mom furious.

But not before he told me that I was attention seeking when I told him I couldn’t cope with her emotionally and that I was feeling suicidal.

It didn’t matter that I was in tears, that I was begging him. The only thing that finally hit home was bringing in my dead mother. What I was feeling was not his concern. It was my problem, not his.

I heard him on the phone, he told her he didn’t want to subject her to me.

His attitude is further devaluation of how I feel. Both my parents did this.

I have never ever felt so alone. And I’m mad at myself that this surprised me and that I had actually expected some compassion.

D

dewey

He finally called my aunt after I pointed out he was doing things that used to make my mom furious.

But not before he told me that I was attention seeking when I told him I couldn’t cope with her emotionally and that I was feeling suicidal.

It didn’t matter that I was in tears, that I was begging him. The only thing that finally hit home was bringing in my dead mother. What I was feeling was not his concern. It was my problem, not his.

I heard him on the phone, he told her he didn’t want to subject her to me.

His attitude is further devaluation of how I feel. Both my parents did this.

I have never ever felt so alone. And I’m mad at myself that this surprised me and that I had actually expected some compassion.
You expect compassion because you deserve it!!! And you should know you deserve it.
I'm sorry it wasn't given to you by your father. Really sorry.
If it's any small consolation, you have one hell of a lot of compassion from all of us here