Am I being a nuisance calling my gp again?

R

RobinJ123

I have uncomfortable heavyness in my ears, pressure and itchy inside and a humming sound.
Been like this for a year now, had some steroid nasal sprays and did nasal irrigation, non worked.

After reading about it online, that some causes can lead to I feel kinda nervous about it. But I read anxiety causes a list of physical symptoms including this one.

I don't know if I am overreacting and this is just anxiety, since I had it for a year.
I'm getting my helicobacter test results on Friday, since I called yesterday, I feel awkward that I'm a nuisance calling them again or whether I should wait a little.

I tried yoga and meditation, it helps releive the symptoms but doesn't do much.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I've had tinnitus, it can be very annoying. Your not been a nuisance, please do contact your Gp.
Take care

E

emzz

Hi Robin I truly believe that ear problems and anxiety are very much linked! I have been so anxious at times Iv gone temperaly deaf it might only last minutes but it's frightening, the worst eposode was a few years back and my boys were young, hubby got a job away from home he was to be away for 6 months! I totally freaked out on how was I going to cope I went deaf for 2 days, ( he came home after a month thank goodness) I now suffer with mild tinnitus and deal with it by never having silence, I either have the radio or tv on, yes I would talk to your doctor Robin, take care.

F

Fancyharm

Definitely go back to your GP. That's what they are there for, which I know that you know that, but think about it like this, they have a number of appointment slots to allocate, does it really matter if it is you or the next person that takes the slot? The GP doesn't mind who takes the slots, they are there to be taken.

Also sometimes I used to worry about going to the GP and thinking that they were still thinking about what I had gone to see them for way after I had left their surgery!!!! Wrong, they see so many people, they probably have a coping mechanism of forgetting what they said to a patient!

xxxxxxxxx

N

natalie

This is something I would definitely be interested in knowing more about;

I have acute anxieties flaring up on occasions, and also, my ears on occasions would be very itchy, and I would just always put it down, to the miserable dull weather, and yet, obvisouly brighter within me, with brighter weather.

Now I am beginning to have different views myself, and wonder, and I am not going to make an appointment, especially, when I do happen to be at surgery though, GPs, and find out hopefully more for me, if anxiety in the main, can cause ear irritiblity.

Not to forget off course, I do have sinuses and catarrh issues, and boy, and most recently following on from acute catarrh, did I go very deep deafness, and I was in a shop at the time, and i felt, oh no, I won't be able to hear people talking properly now, in a short while, whilst still in, my hearing then returned to normal.

Before I left the shop.

However, yes, I do wonder, for me, as well, whether if anxiety particularly acute anxiety and ear irritiblity are linked, so I just wonder and if might be, there could be some amount of truth there.

I haven't done research myself on this, might scare me off more, complimentary laughing, in terms of ear irritilbity and anxiety.

I'll be fascinated to be aware though, what ah, Robin might come back to us eventually with. i wish you well Robin, hopefully.

Take care all,

Natalie.

R

RobinJ123

Definitely go back to your GP. That's what they are there for, which I know that you know that, but think about it like this, they have a number of appointment slots to allocate, does it really matter if it is you or the next person that takes the slot? The GP doesn't mind who takes the slots, they are there to be taken.

Also sometimes I used to worry about going to the GP and thinking that they were still thinking about what I had gone to see them for way after I had left their surgery!!!! Wrong, they see so many people, they probably have a coping mechanism of forgetting what they said to a patient!

xxxxxxxxx
Thanks for this message, very true, I'll call them to get an appointment tommorrow, to get what ever this things sorted.:)