• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I becoming serverly depressed? I need relief.

C

cmg95

Recently I've been extremely anxious as I have a lot of stressful events going on relating to exams and getting a job (More and more stress is pilling up). I've been anxious due to the fact that I am always alone and have little to no friends and am becoming more and more depressed because I have no one to talk to or I just spend too much time alone to be socially/mentally healthy. When I am being social I feel so on edge the whole time and can't share my interests with others (even my family) because anxious feelings block it from coming out and after I beat myself up over it like "why couldn't I just have talked or said how I felt like normal people". All the anxiety is what seems to cause my depressed feelings. I am not clinicaly diagnosed with neither anxiety or depression because I'm too scared to admit how I feel to anyone due to anxious feelings or telling myself "what if". I'm really scared that my depression is worsening because I have been feeling like I'm being blocked from feeling any excitement to things I should be excited about. I also feel kind of numb or like I just woke up from a nap and am half asleep. These feelings started at the beginning of the week after accomplishing something I was really anxious about and I feel like I should have felt huge relief after It was over, as I do usually, but this time I didn't. I'm really really terrified because I don't understand what is wrong with me and I don't want to cry atleast two times a day anymore and spend so much time worrying about why I feel the way I do.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I really think that it's worth keeping a diary and maybe scoring your mood out of 10 at least daily.. if you find that things are really declining or are consistently staying low, it might be time to reach out for some help.
It can be hard to take that step but you can feel better and freer in your life. :hug1:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Depression Forum 1