• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Am I bad person?

• Thread starter Charlie Patterson
  • Start date
C

Charlie Patterson

Hey everyone! I hope you're all well. I just want to express how I've been feeling for a long time... The thoughts I've been having for nearly 3 years...

I have this friend, they and I go way back and we were best friends in High School, even though most of the time it really didn't feel like it at all... Which brings me to my point. This person treated me horribly, like absolute trash to say the least and all that time I stood by their side, throughout all of it... Im not quite sure why but I did. One day I finally got to express to this person how I truly felt about them, and they admitted to their wrongdoings... Each and every one of them... So even though it didn't undo all that they did, I atleast got some closure out of those near two years.

Now, I can honestly say that this person has really and truly grown, and frankly I am proud of them for how far they have come as a person and it makes me happy to think where our friendship is now, though I haven't seen this person in two years I still keep in touch with them and we talk often, just to check up on each other, see how we doing. They have recently apologized for the way they treated me and I was happy with how transparent and genuine it was, but admitedly I sometimes think of those years where they treated me horribly and all the horrible things they said to me and it makes me very uneasy. I've had to unlearn a lot of self-hatred because of it aswell... I've forgiven them, and they said their sorry... Am I bad person for still subconsciously dwelling on their past wrongdoings towards me? The way I see it... I just need time...

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I apologize for any grammatical and/or spelling errors. Have a good one : )

L

LadyDomino

I don't think you are a bad person, just someone who has justifiable cause to be cautious on this friend. 2 years of bad behaviour cannot be wiped out over night.

D

Deleted member 91323

Charlie, you are far from a bad person. You still talk to your friend and are very kind to them. It is understandable to remember the times you were hurt. Painful times cannot just be wiped out.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jascha Am I a bad person? Mental Health Experiences 7
A i reserve my right not to be religious - if some NHS person wishes to section me, or think i'm "bad" so be it. Mental Health Experiences 1
M Am I a bad person for ruining my friendship ? Mental Health Experiences 2
Shana09 What is going on with me, am I just a really bad person? Mental Health Experiences 5
valleygirl I am a really bad person Mental Health Experiences 10
snowcanwait a bad friend? Mental Health Experiences 5
Lilly776 feeling really bad any help please Mental Health Experiences 1
J It hurts.... It can hurt so bad Mental Health Experiences 3
K A bad morning Mental Health Experiences 45
M today has been very bad Mental Health Experiences 3
W Bad experience at a doctor's appointment Mental Health Experiences 3
B is venting acrually bad for you ? Mental Health Experiences 16
MeowMeowCat36 I'm going through a lot of bad things right now. Mental Health Experiences 2
H Bad experience on another forum Mental Health Experiences 9
J I suppose this is my story, I never thought things were that bad until I saw what other people's lives were like. Mental Health Experiences 1
R Bad communication with therapist? Mental Health Experiences 2
L My best friend is bad for me? Mental Health Experiences 7
Ineedhelp2921 Really bad chest pains Mental Health Experiences 5
A better help, bad experience Mental Health Experiences 10
B Not sure what this is, maybe just a bad dream? Mental Health Experiences 1
L My intrusive thoughts are getting really bad again Mental Health Experiences 1
Linda1989 Bad dreams keep waking me up Mental Health Experiences 1
BONE How Do You Experience A Bad Day? Mental Health Experiences 4
S On bad shape I think alcohol induced phycosis Mental Health Experiences 7
L Another bad day Mental Health Experiences 10
T Why is it difficult for me to remember how bad the bad moments felt? Mental Health Experiences 8
N Bad Accident - Local area, near me Mental Health Experiences 7
T Unbelievably bad service /trigger warning/signs/not getting help Mental Health Experiences 58
Kezav18 Bad experience with the crisis team Mental Health Experiences 15
Kezav18 Bad experience with the crisis team Mental Health Experiences 7
D Does your depression worsen when there is bad weather and in morning? Mental Health Experiences 19
Carol1952 What to do when u have a friend who is hurting so bad??? Mental Health Experiences 20
Memememememememe Feeling bad 24/7 Mental Health Experiences 3
wraziel Bad impulse D: Mental Health Experiences 5
bpdgirl It’s getting bad again Mental Health Experiences 1
B Feel Traumatized by bad things happening? Mental Health Experiences 8
Topcat Family - bad relationships - need advice (bit long sorry) Mental Health Experiences 5
D bad hospitals Mental Health Experiences 1
I was it actually bad? or am i just overreacting for attention? Mental Health Experiences 3
CanadianDave Why Do I Keep Going Back To People / Things I Have Bad History With? Mental Health Experiences 1
Newstartformetoday Is it really that bad to sometimes feel Sad Mental Health Experiences 1
J A good, bad or average year? Mental Health Experiences 2
RicharDragon The Mental Healthcare Journey: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly Mental Health Experiences 2
I Women Prefer The Bad Guys Mental Health Experiences 17
Confusedandanxious This is the time i feel like such a bad parent Mental Health Experiences 7
Midnight.Panda Why is death considered bad? Mental Health Experiences 11
J Ayahuasca / Psychedilics - any experiences, good or bad? Mental Health Experiences 0
Ramson mash Feeling bad Mental Health Experiences 5
I Such a bad day Mental Health Experiences 4
E Posting about my mental health on facebook - good or bad idea? Mental Health Experiences 11