• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Am I bad enough?

R

Ringtone0987

I’ve been struggling but at the same time half of the time I am okay, im not happy but I’m okay. i can’t tell if how I am feeling is bad enough to seek out help or if I should just deal and hopefully get by but It’s been like this for months now, and it just started getting worse again.

Z

Zoe1

hi Ringtone :welcome:

yes you definitely qualify to need help
actually anybody does in a way if they feel they need it
and also going on your other post

I would definitely see a doctor

I hope you find the forum helpful

:grouphug:🕯

2Much2Feel

Welcome, Ringtone, and sorry to hear you are experiencing low lows at times. This past year in particular has done a number on everyone, even people w/o MH issues, but esp for those of us who do have them. Just the fact that you are asking the question and that you are here makes me think that at the very least maybe it would be worth it to do a zoom w a therapist and talk it out. Reaching out here is a really good first step, as you'll see there are plenty of people who can relate. It's awesome that you don't always feel bad, but with many MH issues, it isn't constant, it comes and goes. Anything specific that you think is bringing you down?

Z

ZechariahElijah

I can relate to how you feel, and I'm sorry it's going rough for you. It's not fun... I know....

If you are questioning whether or not to seek help, you should probably at least talk with your doctor. There are ups and downs to depression/anxiety, etc. In my situation, I was denying how bad I was doing (I'm not saying you are denying. just sharing my own experience). At one point I wrote in my journal, "I think I have mild depression." Well... that was putting it "mildly." After actually seeking out help, I had to come to grips with the fact that my depression was severe, and it was effecting the people around me. I know now I would not have gotten better without seeking professional help. I'm still a work in process, but at least I'm on my way now.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Rule of thumb is if is affecting your daily functioning in day to day life that you likely qualify for help from a professional. Anyway as others have said it never hurts to ask. xo, j

2Much2Feel

I can relate to how you feel, and I'm sorry it's going rough for you. It's not fun... I know....

If you are questioning whether or not to seek help, you should probably at least talk with your doctor. There are ups and downs to depression/anxiety, etc. In my situation, I was denying how bad I was doing (I'm not saying you are denying. just sharing my own experience). At one point I wrote in my journal, "I think I have mild depression." Well... that was putting it "mildly." After actually seeking out help, I had to come to grips with the fact that my depression was severe, and it was effecting the people around me. I know now I would not have gotten better without seeking professional help. I'm still a work in process, but at least I'm on my way now.
So true. I went into total denial about being borderline. Easy to do when we're feeling OK, but it's not something that can just be ignored (or if it is, often the coping mechanisms are destructive or it will just rise up again). Not saying you def have something that will be considered "clinical", but sounds like input from a professional may help you clear that up. Then again, a lot of professionals immediately jump to throw meds and diagnoses at you, so do your own research as well, keep reaching out. :)

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hi @Ringtone0987
I'm sorry your mood is getting worse. I would at least see a psychiatrist to get a diagnosis and get meds if the psychiatrist thinks you need them. Good luck!

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi and welcome, Sorry you are feeling bad. You could start by talking with your doctor so that you can get a referral to see a therapist. If it's getting worse, it would be good to get help. Sometimes we wait so long that once we reach for help, things already feel desperate. I'm not sure where you are yet, but that's something to try to avoid if you can get help before.