• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Am I at fault in this situation?

F

Fruiteater

I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder and single. Once or twice a year I, by chance, meet a woman I was at school with over 25 years ago, when she walks her dog in our village. About 5 years ago when I was absent from work due to ill health I bumped into her and seeing I was not well she invited me to a coffee shop for a drink and cake. It was only for a few minutes and she offered me advice on distraction techniques as her husband has a health issue himself.

Also during the meet in the coffee shop on the understanding it was for support/advice only, should I be in crisis, we swapped telephone numbers (her suggestion) and I chatted via phone once and several days later tried again. I then received a call back from her incredibly furious husband telling me never to phone again, although she had fully explained the situation.

Several months ago I received a phone call from a woman we were at school with, who I'd not had contact with since we left, saying a school reunion was being planned and she mentioned this other woman's name. I told her I know this other lady lives in our area and on seeing her Father in town, who I get on well with, passed this other lady's number on to him, explaining the reason, because the one planning the reunion asked me to do so.

Once again, I received a furious phone call from the dog walker's husband, telling me to leave well alone and that his wife will not be attending the reunion.

Am I at fault or is the husband a bit aggressive? I still have a friendly ''Hello'' and a chat of support when bumping into his wife.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I agree with what Nikkita has said, and can't really add much more.
Just thought i'd share my agreement that you definitely aren't at fault here, so hopefully you can put your mind at rest.

bulbie

bulbie

I agree with Nikita, you've done nothing wrong. You might want to tell your friend though what her husband is doing behind her back.

nonotme

nonotme

Am I at fault or is the husband a bit aggressive? I still have a friendly ''Hello'' and a chat of support when bumping into his wife.

he sounds like a bit of an head case and control freak, I think your better off out of it. leave them to their own shit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PsychoBumby93 People 2