Am i a troll and would you hate me if i was?

R

Ramson bangers

Now im always careful not to use humour in the wrong situaions. I've been called facetious before. But i just see things from a different point of view from alot of others. I genuinly have some good ideas i want to share with people but the fact i make people laugh kind of ruins it. Then the buzzword brigade always call you a name like you have been branded a troll. They can shut you up or ban you if they dont like what you say.
Alot o people find irony and humour in things, should we keep it to ourselves in order to not slightly offend someone?

vanish

vanish

I’m sorry but you don’t seem like a troll to me. Trolls go about creating discord and trouble.

R

Ramson bangers

Thanks for the reply vanish, i guess its more trouble avoidance is my problem. When im in too deep already am suspected and then one joke about a touchy subject, then bang i am a troll. Its really a form of expression. I've been really thinking about what makes me troll and im sure its because i was bullied and found a coping mechanism in humour. I also have little self respect because of this. But it makes me who i am and it aint all bad i guess.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

You seem pretty aware that your jokes or making light of sensitive subjects tends to rub some people up the wrong way. Trolls get pleasure from provoking this reaction. If that's the not case with you, what do you think it is that you find enticing about make light of certain potentially sensitive subjects?
I have no idea what subjects you mean but if you want to do some self-examining, perhaps it's helpful to ask what it is about these certain subjects that draws your attention.

R

Ramson bangers

Isnt provoking a response from people just harmless fun though. Comedians do it for a laugh.
Finding irony in things. Some people are abstact thinkers not always aligned with thier peers and the results are quite funny. Some of the things people come out with might be amusing but true at the same time. Thats when i like to provoke a response i guess.

R

Ramson bangers

I guess a real troll would go about thier business without a care for other peoples feelings. That isnt me thankfully. Maybe there is a fine line sometimes. To be honest if i didnt get banned i would still be upsetting people with my profound lyrics and awesome jokes.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Isnt provoking a response from people just harmless fun though. Comedians do it for a laugh.
Harmless is not the intent of trollish behavior it seeks to demean and dehumanize a specific person or group. This is not at all similar to comedians. Trolls generally hide in anonymity or in social media where the social consequences for crossing a line are minimal. Comedians face the public and there is a real cost to offending groups of people.

I guess a real troll would go about thier business without a care for other peoples feelings. That isnt me thankfully. Maybe there is a fine line sometimes. To be honest if i didnt get banned i would still be upsetting people with my profound lyrics and awesome jokes.
Clearly you get what separates the troll. I take it from your references that you've felt the consequences of crossing the line before but you're unhappy with how you were treated.

R

Ramson bangers

Pretty much so. Now im banned from one of the cool spots all because i said gays were privaliged because they go out dogging.

R

Ramson bangers

So now i am one for the watching. Dont worry i trust myself.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

I admit I don't understand what you meant, or know where you were banned from and what conventions and rules apply there. Generally speaking, if an online space is created with the intent for it to be safe and inclusive of all people, don't you think your statement labeling a certain group might run counter to this intent?

R

Ramson bangers

It was an idea which was brought on by my gay friend who always goes on about his sex life. Which makes me slightly jelous. It was a counter argument to someone talking about white hetro privilage.