• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Always thinking people'll think the worst of me

F

firemonkee57

Step grandchild(youngest stepdaughter's eldest ) has asked if she can stay the night with her girlfriend on Friday. I of course said yes but have since gone into anxious/paranoid mode worrying over what the girlfriend will think of me. This fear/nervousness about strangers doesn't get any better.
My place, me, in my mind they are all below par . In the end the stigma slowly worms it's way into your life until it turns into a deep self stigma.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I know it's not as simple as to just stop worrying, but she wouldn't have asked to stay if she didn't think you were up to standard.
It sounds like maybe in this situation you could be being your own worst critic.
Also, i'm pretty sure that they'll keep to themselves anyway and won't bother you too much, especially if it's just for the one night.

F

firemonkee57

My granddaughter knows me. She knows I have difficulty keeping my place clean and tidy.
I guess knowing that and still asking to stay the night is the important thing. I am nervous about her friend but for all I know she could be nervous about me. I think basically it's just somewhere to crash for the night.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think you just carry on as normal. They will probably turn out to be quite nice.