• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

always repairing broken relationships

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i think rethink was on about that, i've just phoned and tried to repair a broken relationship with difficulty, i don't know if it's me or my friends the large majority of now have mental health issues

Seems also if you mix with the mentallly ill community your under pressure to be anti psychiatrist and anti med and generally show what psychiatrists call lack of insight, the only demos to join are the march on the royal college of psychiatrists anti psychiatry

Maybe shouldn't have said that it's comments like that that make me so popular

My neighbour suggested luncheon clubs, the day she suggested it i caught the bus and heard this women talking about how they've shut all the luncheon clubs she used to go to and those that remain you have to be referred

Same with official mental health groups the brent mind social club i found intimidating

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
had no reply just to bring it up

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i think rethink was on about that, i've just phoned and tried to repair a broken relationship with difficulty, i don't know if it's me or my friends the large majority of now have mental health issues

Seems also if you mix with the mentallly ill community your under pressure to be anti psychiatrist and anti med and generally show what psychiatrists call lack of insight, the only demos to join are the march on the royal college of psychiatrists anti psychiatry

Maybe shouldn't have said that it's comments like that that make me so popular

My neighbour suggested luncheon clubs, the day she suggested it i caught the bus and heard this women talking about how they've shut all the luncheon clubs she used to go to and those that remain you have to be referred

Same with official mental health groups the brent mind social club i found intimidating
I used to be friends with other people with MH problems and to be honest they were too normal for me. I mean they had normal personalities and when their "symptoms" were under control they acted like normal people, they had friends, liked doing things like watching films or bands, you know, I can't relate to them

That must be the difference of having a PD

I don't think it was to do with anti-psychiatry though - most of them were on meds, I think I was the odd one out that way too

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i said to one counciller that the mentally ill community is like those pictures of drowning men/lost souls you can see at the national gallery where if one gets to the surface the others climb up them and drag them under

she put on my notes that i'd said my friends were bringing me down which was not what i said

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i said to one counciller that the mentally ill community is like those pictures of drowning men/lost souls you can see at the national gallery where if one gets to the surface the others climb up them and drag them under

she put on my notes that i'd said my friends were bringing me down which was not what i said
She probably doesn't understand metaphor.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
She probably doesn't understand metaphor.
nor do i understand metaphor learnt about metaphor and simile at night school i needed english o level to go to uni, but struggled with writing esssays at the time i remembered one english o level question you're parents go away for the night, you decide to have a party your parents come back unexpectedly continue the story from there, my parents didn't go away for the night, i'd never been to a party maybe i should have written a science fiction story, another question was about going into a cafe i'd never been in a cafe

remember when i got to uni we were preparing for the uni party and this guy picked up dentures and clicked them and said, oh such a name i knew him well and was amazed i didn't know the shakespear reference

I was intensively trained in science in order to get into uni but there was no real preparation for me actually living. then i had to share a room with someone who was into cannabis and other drugs the rest is history

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can't write fiction anymore, haven't been able to since I was about 12.

I never went away to university I thank god for that it would have been even worse than living in the hostel I think

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
could boast my uni was one of the top unis oxbridge as my sister called it half the people were public school were it was just a continuation, i'd never been away from home before the public school boys with they're cars etc would get the girls who in those days had been sent by they're families to find well off husbands, this was before feminism

My friend who last i heard is a gp used to go into the city were a uni student was quite a catch he invited me but he had a pushbike to get back and the night buses were bad

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You went to Oxbridge? Or one of the other top ones?

Well you are cleverer than me I went to one of the worst ex-polys in the UK

When I was at 6th form I was predicted As, i went to see the Oxbridge admissions person at 6th form she said they don't want people like you there

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
You went to Oxbridge? Or one of the other top ones?

Well you are cleverer than me I went to one of the worst ex-polys in the UK

When I was at 6th form I was predicted As, i went to see the Oxbridge admissions person at 6th form she said they don't want people like you there
i shouldn't have said oxbridge my sister said one of the russel unis i think were the public school boys go, my 2nd uni was a poly were i completed a course with a schitzo diagnosis quite an achievement dare i say as it was before any disability discrimination act

I'm probably on record as a sucess story for my school getting all those a levels and going to uni doubt they keep records on the no of schitzos they produce tthough when i phoned my mothers catholic priest he said theres a lot of schitzos in the parish, i said it runs at 1 in 10 among catholics. some counciller told me that, the preist said theres all these statistics

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
They wanted to kick me out of 6th for for SH-ing at college but kept me for their league tables as I was predicted A grades. I wish I had just walked

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
They wanted to kick me out of 6th for for SH-ing at college but kept me for their league tables as I was predicted A grades. I wish I had just walked
i should have gone out into work but after all the bulllying at school i felt been beaten up at uni would be the same as been beaten up in the workplace