• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Always in a bad state

H

Highandlow

I’m a 30 year old woman and suffer with depression . I’ve realised that I am just so lonely . I try to lie to myself that I’m not but I am . ive had a lot of bullying and suffering in my life and it’s all become a bit too much.

I have had things said to me by people who I thought were close such as ‘ you are too ugly for a boyfriend
I got rejected by someone who I liked for a while and it may seem pathetic but it’s 8 months on and I’m not over it. I’ve struggled with jobs as I put my all in and then have a break down / get burnt out .
As of now I have no jobs , hardly any friends and no relationship . I’m scared to put myself out there because of past rejections. Can anyone relate or offer any advice?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I can relate, i don't know about advice ;)

Depression can make your mind work in a way that focuses on these upsetting things in life.

I have been rejected, as in a boyfriend ended the relationship after 2 years. I was really upset and confused at the time, but years later, i can see that he was completely wrong for me but could not see it then. I'm relieved he could. If we would have stayed together, i would have missed out on what came next in my life.

Work is very difficult with depression. You are not a failure, you are not well and hopefully soon you will be feeling strong, positive, and your depression will be less of a problem.

Family being critical, they may be jealous, they may be an irritated person who talks like that about everyone, whatever the reason, would you ever say anything like that to anyone? I doubt you would. He/she is the one who should feel bad, because that is an outrageous thing to say to anyone. They deserve your pity, but nothing else. I'd rather be ugly that have an ugly attitude.

Are you receiving treatment for depression?

M

markprosso538

Yea I can relate. I just posted on another post that fb is a good tool to have to reach out to people, even people you haven't spoken to in awhile to just say hello. I have a real hard time trusting people and really outside of a few family members only trust 4 or 5 people. It's been my experience that people walk all over others for whatever reason. In the meantime I keep my head up as hard as it is and keep moving forward.

T

treasurebox

There will always be someone who will love you for who you are, whether a new friend or a new love.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting music in youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

S

sallimae76

I can relate. I have never been in a relationship. I declared my love three times in my life to three separate men, and each of them rejected me. One told me to get a dildo. I have only ever been solicited for sex, or have been told that I am a lesbian.

I do the bare minimum at work and fear the day when I will be caught. I have been fired before. I am lucky to be working, but I struggle to put on a normal face.

I have three friends out of state. They don't return my phone calls. I live life alone and it hurts. I have no family. Only my elderly mom, she is 82. When she passes, I will have no one. I fear that day.

D

Deleted member 92692

I’m a 30 year old woman and suffer with depression . I’ve realised that I am just so lonely . I try to lie to myself that I’m not but I am . ive had a lot of bullying and suffering in my life and it’s all become a bit too much.

I have had things said to me by people who I thought were close such as ‘ you are too ugly for a boyfriend
I got rejected by someone who I liked for a while and it may seem pathetic but it’s 8 months on and I’m not over it. I’ve struggled with jobs as I put my all in and then have a break down / get burnt out .
As of now I have no jobs , hardly any friends and no relationship . I’m scared to put myself out there because of past rejections. Can anyone relate or offer any advice?
No human is ugly for a start so lets get that straight. You should keep trying and get out there. You will find happiness and love keep at it till you find it it xxxxx