• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Always Hungry

Bella White

Bella White

I always feel like eating. I'm not obese or really fat. I'm slim but I really would love to loose some weight. It's just that, even though I try not to eat so much, I always feel like eating. I could have a huge plate or multiple plates of food and still feel like eating. I'm not sure, but I think I eat because I feel nervous or stressed out... is there anything I could do so I don't constantly feel like eating?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
welcome Bella. You dont say if you are on any medication and how long the overeating has been going on.

Certain medications are well known to increase your appetite and can cause weight gain.

Eating is also a coping stategy that is often used when anxious. Some people smoke some drink some take drugs. Try keeping a food diary and put your mood at the same time. Then go to your gp with it so he can see your serious and need help before your weight gets out of control.

Youve recognised you need help and that is always a good sign

Good luck

F

firemonkee57

I can really relate to this post. The difference being i am an obese blob. Like you i can eat a big meal and it might fill me up for a short while but then i am thinking 'what can i eat?'
The only time i don't have problems with this is on my weekly visit to see my mother and brother(if he's there).
There's plenty of food to eat there but i am not bad mannered enough to do a wholesale raid on her cupboards etc.

I told my consultant about it several appointments ago but he wasn't at all helpful or supportive. In fact he was quite dismissive :(

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm always thinking about eating.I'm on olanzapine though.

F

firemonkee57

I'm on olanzapine too.I am not consistent in taking it (more a case of forgetting which i have always been prone to with meds, than consciously stopping totally (which i have done a few times) ) so i am not sure how much the olanzapine has a bearing on things.
I think without the olanzapine i would still have an issue with overeating but being on olanzapine has increased the tendency to overeat.

I do know that overeating is reckoned to occur not because people who overeat enjoy their food more than others but because their ability to register that food has satisfied them is blunted and that low dopamine has been implicated in the process.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
I always feel like eating. I'm not obese or really fat. I'm slim but I really would love to loose some weight. It's just that, even though I try not to eat so much, I always feel like eating. I could have a huge plate or multiple plates of food and still feel like eating. I'm not sure, but I think I eat because I feel nervous or stressed out... is there anything I could do so I don't constantly feel like eating?
Hi Bella
I got over that obsession with the help of Fluoxetine at 80mg a day for one and a half years. I was bulimic for 20 years and food was an obsession in the worst way.
I'm normal weight now at 55kg and just eat healthy.
It's not a problem anymore.
I wouldn't have thought it would work, but it did.
Prozac is known to help in a major way with obsessions & compulsions.
Good luck. :flowers:

I

iheartpandas20

hi

Trying to figure out if your eating is linked to your emotions would be a great step. You might also want to see your gp to get a health check up, as there are medical conditions which may be affecting your appetite - eg thyroid problems. etc!

panda
x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Luna95 Eating Disorders Forum 5
Scapes1986 Eating Disorders Forum 20
Z Eating Disorders Forum 7